ES_Record_UUIS: Supposed to have "Do not replace..." checked?

This topic is 2929 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The instructions say the easiest way to add the 5 ES_fields to each table is to simply copy and paste from the Demo database. I realized tonight that in one Table, "Surveys", the ES_Recod_UUID has the AutoEnter set to "Do not replace existing value of field if any" checked. But the other 2 tables, Survey_Hobbies and Survey_Documents do not have it checked. This is in both the Hosted and Mobile files. Which is correct? The instructions just mention unchecking it on US_UTC_Time.

Dan

thanks. The weird part is I've never noticed it and found that in some other solutions I've used this half are checked and some are not but they seemed to work. But tonight I'm adding Fmeasysync to a new solution and I can't get more than 1 record to sync from any table. I only get the last record. I've gone over the TO's. I guess I need to double check the payload layout next.

Thanks,

Dan

Actually it was the payload layout. The portal was blank. I must have copied the layout prior to finishing up the TOs.

Hopefully the record would never be duplicated. Leaving it checked I think is the best course for now. I'll just make sure any duplications are handled through a script that would gen a new UUID. With the users unable to use any of the menus I hope they won't find a way to dupe a record.

So you're going to be awake and on the scene instantly every time a user dupicates a record; instead of allowing the situation to easily and reliably take care of itself with built in features.

This topic is 2929 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.