get window mode

This topic is 2950 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello, 

This might not be the best way to do it but i have a form that needs to be signed by an inspector and i wanted to auto insert his signature on the form when his name is selected from a dropdown.

so i thought if i had all 3 signatures on the form and made them hide until there name appears in the dropdown field. Ive tried several versions even this one but too no avail. Get ( WindowMode ) = 1  or "Dustin Bright" or IsEmpty (Form 29::Assessors Name) but it doesnt do what i want. In fact it shows up for all 3 names  and only hides when empty.

many thanks

Paul

40 minutes ago, baweld123 said:

i wanted to auto insert his signature on the form when his name is selected from a dropdown.

I am not sure why you need a calculation here at all. You should select the inspector's ID (not a name) from a drop-down, and have his/her signature appear auto-magically from the related record in the Inspectors table.

And, in general, you don't want to hard-code people's names in a calculation. People come and go, and you should not have to modify your schema because of that.

Hi , Thanks for that. I know your right as i tried to do this last night but i was having difficulty getting the inspectors to do what i want. This form is very complicated and i just couldnt get my head round it .

Each personnel can have  2 tests a 009 and or a 030 

The Inspector (assessor) signs that the 009 or 030 has been completed then later when the paperwork comes back from the issuing authority an Internal verifier needs to sign off this person. 

Sometimes on a given day a personnel might do both the 009 and the 030 and the internal verifier would sign off. 

Some times maybe he would just do a 030.

The form 29 is the form that lists what hes done and what qualifications he has acccomplished and this is what the internal verifier must sign. The internal verifier is another of the 2 assesors / Inspectors ( so  basically we sign each others work off.

what i was struggling with is where to put the inspectors table and where to put the form 29.

the way above just seemed the way to do it this morning.

enclosed is a screen shot

Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 08.42.27.png

1 hour ago, comment said:

... have his/her signature appear auto-magically from the related record in the Inspectors table.

Auto-magically?  Now that is a techie word if I ever heard one.  :wink3:

This topic is 2950 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.