Server Maintenance This Week. ×

External file load issue

This topic is 2926 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Everyone,

After lots of googling and browsing filemaker IWP related articles, I am here for your help.

I have filemaker server 12 advanced and i am using IWP. I am getting problem while accessing External file. sometime its work and sometime not.

I have tried below lots of things.

1.  Edit Server deployement .

2. Using same account with full  for both files.

3. Updated patches of filemaker sertver Webpubishing

3. During On Open file using all steps relted to IWP surrported.

Still i am not getting permanent fix of this issue.  automatically its start working( as i tried again redeployment) and suddenly stops.

Thanks in Advance,

13 hours ago, Genelia said:

I am getting problem while accessing External file. sometime its work and sometime not.

I don't think I understand what this means.  What file are you trying to access?  A related FM file?  If so what error are you getting?

Actually in external file i am accessing Labels for my application so when i open file from IWP, those labels not showed/disappered. but when i redeply database from server, it stats work for some time duration like 2-4 hrs.

Please suggest, if you have any thing in your mind and i am missing.

error_login.png

Attaching actual picture that works when we have no problem in loading of external file . Fortunatly today just after 5 minutes, it starts work perfect without anythingd doing.

Edited by Genelia

Hi All,

After a long time I faced a issue on IWP which I have never come before. 

The issue is that, we have three files hosted on server as IWP. 

Name of files: A.fmp12, B.fmp12, and language.fmp12.

In file, A and B, there is not a single lebel defined, all the lebels are coming from language file.

Just by using a relationship, we are selecting the language and the lebel comes as per the selection.

But sometimes, lebel becomes invisible. only page is visible without a single lebel.

Most of the times, it is working fine. It is happening with both the files.

System Details: FileMaker Server v 12.0.5.551 for Windows Server 2008 Enterprise

Please suggest to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance.

Always...

fmbug

Merged to thread from @Genelia

What's the process for selecting a language? Do you commit the record? 

You might try adding a Refresh Window with Flush cached join results. 

Yes tried commit/refresh everything.but main problem is file is missing means it is not opening external file when you use  iwp. but after some time it start working so not sure how it start work and why suddendly start to stop work.

Let me tell you in details.

We have 2 files. From File 1 we are accessing File 2 by including it in external data sources.

2. File 2 is using for Labels purpose & everything was fine on IWP unless & Untill, we deploy Filemaker server 14 from Server 12.

Recently we updated Filemaker server 12 to server 14, But due to slow performance of webdirect we revert back Filemaker server 12.

Just after that i am facing this  external file load/File missing issue on IWP, However it is workng fine on desktop application.

For overcome i have did below changes.

1. In external file path, included full path with file extensio ".fmp12"

2. Updated patches on server.

3. Put refresh button on iwp for open external file, Refresh, Commit but i think main problem is file load as it is not loading so refresh, commit, call external file by script is waste.

4. Using same account for both files with full access,

Now please suggest, if i am missing something

Are you absolutely sure the login names and passwords are the same?

Sorry I don't have many other ideas. Have you considered importing the labels data into the main file? It should be fairly straightforward to import the data and point your table occurrences to the new table.

Your guest account has full access? Yikes.

Maybe as an experiment you could make a new account in each file, with matching credentials. And double-check that neither file has a default login set in the File Options.

This topic is 2926 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.