Server Maintenance This Week. ×

exclude external container content from on-the-fly download

This topic is 2933 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

MirrorSync is quite new to me.

Is it possible to configure MirrorSync in a way that allows to create an on-the-fly download link that doesn't include the files of the external container storage?

I am only interested in download the single .fmp12-file.

Thank you in advance.

Here is my latest development build, which will prevent external container data from being downloaded by iOS devices.

If you want to also prevent external container data from being downloaded by FileMaker Pro running on laptops / desktop computers, let me know and I will post instructions.

http://s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/com.prosc.support.uploads/Outbound/360Works%20MirrorSync%202.50730.zip?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAIDQUCQL7APZLJCDA&Expires=1463586390&Signature=w4aXCL3LB1AV5LGM9o8i2j2j8LI%3D

• Like 1

Hello Jesse,

I would be pleased if you could send me more instructions regarding the FileMaker Pro Case, because I am doing my current tests on this platform.

Is it the default behavior for iOS devices, that the external container data will not be downloaded. Is this behavior configurable? 

Thanks for your help!

The behavior is not configurable for iOS, because iOS devices cannot utilize external containers at all. It is possible to download the external containers on a desktop device, convert the containers to be embedded, and then send that file to an iOS device. Instructions for that are here:

http://docs.360works.com/index.php/MirrorSync_advanced_topics#Does_MirrorSync_sync_external_container_fields.3F

If you want to exclude external container data from being downloaded on desktop devices, first install the new build I sent you. Then find the MirrorSync.xml file (on Windows, it's at C:\Program Files\360Works\Applications\conf\Catalina\localhost\MirrorSync.xml; on Mac it's at /Library/360Works/Applications/conf/Catalina/localhost/MirrorSync.xml). Edit the file and see if a parameter already exists named 'includeContainerDataOnDownload'. If so, change it to false. If it does not exist, then paste this line into the file along with all of the other parameters:

<Parameter name="includeContainerDataOnDownload" value="false" />

• Like 1

Thank for your instructions. I'm now able to download the single .fmp12 file.

Is there also an option to zip the single .fmp12 file for filemaker pro and/or ios ?

I'm very impressed by the simplicity of the standard setup process and by the synchronisation speed of MirrorSync.

It's not necessary to creat a zip file because we automatically do on the fly compression of the downloaded file. FileMaker databases typically compress by 40% or more. The browser on the client end automatically uncompresses the file, so it doesn't appear that any compression is happening, but if you do a single file download and then look at the MirrorSync log file for the word 'compress', it will show you what size the file was compressed to. For repetitive sample data, I've seen compression ratios of 97%. 

Thank you very much for the nice comments on the sync speed and setup process! Do you mind posting your real name and company so that I can publish your comment on our web site?

This topic is 2933 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.