Upgrading from Pro 12 to 14 or 15

This topic is 2879 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello!

I would like to call on you fine guru's for some advice!

I work at quite a large company in the UK, we're currently running FM Pro 12, but pay the license fee and obviously have access to all the latest versions. I am just wondering how much of a "big job" it would be to switch everything over to FM Pro 14 or 15 (we have access to both) and what implications, if any we may encounter?

Sorry if its a silly question, I just cant seem to find a good answer anywhere about this. Thanks in advance.

Without knowing details of the solution you are running... should not be a big deal.

You are already on FM12 so you do not need to go through any file conversion process.

I would set up on a new server rather an upgrading on yours.

Complications may occur if you run extras such as custom web publishing, runtime solutions, plugins, etc.

Just test everything well and pull a couple others into a testing group!

ft.

• Like 1

• Newbies

Thanks for the reply, stupid question but I went to the download page and downloaded the latest update, but it says im running an older version? As I said we're on FM Pro 12 at the moment, looking to go to 14 or 15, do I need to upgrade in order? IE upgrade to 13, then 14 then 15? Having trouble!

There is no need to go 12 > 13 > 14 > 15.

I would set 15 up on a new server box and move the files over. 

Remember you will have to upgrade your clients also so build that into your process.

ft.

Unless and until you add features to your database(s) (e.g. slide panels or popovers, among others) that were introduced in FM13-15, there is no real need to update FM12 clients.

You shouldn't have any server side issues, but you may run into some print problems with some older layouts that need to be upgraded. This is fairly normal, but we have some strange bugs that didn't exist in 13, but are happening in 14 and 15. We are just rebuilding the layouts. We haven't really had any other problems though.

This topic is 2879 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.