Open URL

john9210

This topic is 1879 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a script that is supposed to open a URL. Instead, it opens a folder on my desktop. Two script steps: Enter browse mode; OpenURL. The field that the script uses is a text field and contains the web address that starts with http://. Why should it be opening a folder? I can't find a setting anywhere to control this.

Here's the script:

• Enter Browse Mode
  • Open URL [ Forums::ForumURL ] [ No dialog ]

ForumURL contains the email address.

What happens if an email address is not valid?

Here is what the help states:http://fmhelp.filemaker.com/fmphelp_12/en/html/scripts_ref2.37.65.html

You stated that that is an email address, shouldn’t you be using the Email Script?

The Open URL should have a http: string such as http://fmforums.com/topic/99845-open-url/#comment-454398

1 hour ago, john9210 said:

Forums::ForumURL

What is the actual URL, not the field where it suppose to be?

Again, attached a copy of the whole script, including what is in the field Forums::ForumURL

This topic is 1879 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By DPaquin
      Hello,

I do want to upgrade from Filemaker Server 12 to version 16.
      At first I've wanted to uninstall v12 but cannot access to the console. 
      I get screen saying "Cannot start the Consol, managing  Admin Server not available?
      Does anyone have an idea of why I cannot start the FMS 12 Consol.

Thanks!

FMS-ERR.tiff
    • By candell
      FYI I tried to add this to the Filemaker community page but don't think it worked hence adding here also.
      I have been tasked with creating a website for a charity, part of the website will be a searchable archive of all of their historic data. This data is stored in Filemaker Pro 12 on the historians machine.
      He has provided me with 4 .fmp12 files, I downloaded a trial version that I found here http://www.filemaker.com/redirects/ss.html?file=PRO12MAC however none of his files will open.
      The website runs on Wordpress which is php based, the database is a maria database although I am happy to use whatever method I need to get this data on to the website and searchable.
      I was expecting to open the files in the trial version, export as csv and create and import in to the maria database.
      Is this possible with filemaker, do you think I would be better downloading a trial of the latest version, will his files open ok in the latest version?
      Unfortunately I have no experience of filemaker so am struggling a little.
      Thanks for any advice anyone may be able to provide.
    • By JH Howland
      Filemaker Pro Adv 12 running under Windows 10.
      Trying to "Send Mail" with two (2) attachments.  The specified attachment files are defined as $Path1 (from_map.png) and $Path2 (to_map.png).  Both files are located at C:/Users/{user id}/AppData/Local/Temp/S<n>.
      The Specified files are entered as:
      $PATH1
      $PATH2
      However, when Send Mail is activated only $PATH1 is shown as an attachment.
      Can't seem to get past this problem, help please.
    • By Kishan_Canoo
      I would like to have options to enter either fields (selling price or margin) and the other should be automatically calculated for instance:

Cost Price = 100 (Available)
           Sell Price  =  Calculation field or ?? Input amount
           Margin     =  Calculation field or ?? Input percentage

If i put 160 on sell price it should automatically put 37.5% in margin or if i put 37.5% in margin field it should automatically fill sell price for 160.
      File uploaded
      Login name: admin
      No Password: 

Thank you in advanced.
      TEST.fmp12
    • By John Link
      I have FileMaker Pro 12 installed on four computers on my network, and FileMaker Pro Advanced 12 stored on a fifth computer. There is a shared database stored on one of the first four computers. When using the shared database from the fifth computer and I attempt to check any of the checkboxes for the field Events, I see the message shown in the attachment and I am unable to check the checkbox (This behavior occurs only on the fifth computer). If I then do a search, after doing the search I am able to check any of the checkboxes in the previously problematic field. I've restarted the fifth computer and the problematic behavior stills occurs.

Any suggestions?

• Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    travstravz 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.