No access to toolbar

ddinisco

This topic is 2844 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am showing a layout in Preview prior to printing. However once one this layout (in Preview mode) I can not figure out a way for the user to actually print it.

1. I have set the Available Menu Commands to Editing, as I do not want the users to accidentally delete all records. However this greys out the Print and Save as PDF options. This also seems to remove the ability to select File > Print.

2. Additionally because I am in Preview mode I can not add any buttons to the layout without having them appear on the print out. 

I am want to avoid the work of creating custom menus as there are a lot of files. Printing from Preview mode would seem to be a relatively regular occurrence. Is there a simple way to do this that I am missing?

This is what it used to do, but new user did not find it very intuitive. Additionally I would like to provide the users with the options of excel, pdf and print.

2 hours ago, ddinisco said:

I have set the Available Menu Commands to Editing, as I do not want the users to accidentally delete all records.

Perhaps you should take away their privilege to delete records, then (except by running a script).

32 minutes ago, ddinisco said:

The still need to be able to delete records.

They would still be able to delete a record using a script set to run with full access privileges.

Ultimately, as you said yourself, the proper solution here is to use custom menus. If you want to avoid the work, you will have to compromise on something.

This topic is 2844 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.