Server Maintenance This Week. ×

email attachment bug

This topic is 2876 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am running a customized version of Starting Point using version 2.1v8 with FileMaker 13.0v5.  For some reason, recently whenever I send an email with an attachment, the attachment never gets sent.  The email goes but without the attachment.  Any ideas how to fix it?

4 hours ago, donl1150 said:

I am running a customized version of Starting Point using version 2.1v8 with FileMaker 13.0v5.  For some reason, recently whenever I send an email with an attachment, the attachment never gets sent.  The email goes but without the attachment.  Any ideas how to fix it?

any particular errors reported on the send mail script step?

If not then the likely suspect is that the path to the attachment is not correct....

No error reports at all.  Email goes sans attachment.  How do I check and/or correct the path?

1 hour ago, MonkeybreadSoftware said:

Do you use MBS Plugin?

If yes, you could simply switch to send emails via our CURL functions.

Not using MBS as far as I know.  Is that something I could add to take care of the problem?

Hello Don,

This is a known issue of filemaker, especially older versions. Especially with OSX 10.11.5 EL Capitan and Microsoft Outlook.

You can read more about it and find possible work arounds for iMac here: http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15733

The Windows issue stems from using 32-bit versions of outlook with 64-bit version of Filemaker, or vice versa.

Thanks,

Jonathan Hogle

Thanks Jonathon.  I finally got it to work.  I changed the email configuration in Preferences within FM Starting Point from "Email client" to "SMTP server" using my gmail account settings.  Attachments are once again going out with their emails.  Thanks!  Don

This topic is 2876 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.