no longer responding; connection closed. (51)

This topic is 2861 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

i have FMS 14 with 4 clients on FMpro i only get this email from one mac sometimes every 5 minutes. Any advice on what to change - screensaver/sleep/power wake for network activity etc..

the server is set up to disconnect after 10 minutes but why the emails from one workstation  even if it is in the early morning when no one is at the office.

thanks

RT

FileMaker Server 14.0.4 on xxx-MacServer.local reported the following event:

2016-06-17 09:15:42.359 -0700    Warning    30   xxx-MacServer.local    Client "xxx (user) [10.0.1.69]" no longer responding; connection closed. (51)

Edited by RT

The server machine is always on and never sleeps.

The problem is with one of the Clients machine. we have all left our desks and i just got an email from the problem machine but not the others. strange

2 hours ago, RT said:

no longer responding; connection closed. (51)

This is an issue with the client going idle and FMS not receiving a 'tickle' to verify that it is still there so FMS decides to the client is not there anymore and disconnects it.  Usually takes about 2 minutes or so.

So make sure the client does not have any sleep settings that would drop it off the network.  Or that it is not plugged into a switch that is faulty,...

is that client on Wifi on connected through ethernet?

Wim.

i have not had an email for 24hrs now.

hopefully it is fixed i had the client machine to Sleep after 15 mins which is very close to filemaker server  disconnect Idle file command  of 10mins.

i also disabled wake for network access will see how it goes over the next 24hrs

Edited by RT

Problem is fixed,  post above edited to hopefully make more sense.

Thanks

This topic is 2861 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.