Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How do I get an mp3 to play?

This topic is 2866 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I tried looking at the help files, but nothing works. I'm using FMP 15. It's just a sound effect, not very long at all. I've tried inserting the audio script step, then the AV play script step. I hear nothing. 

I'd appreciate if someone more savvy with sound could suggest what to do. Thanks!

Be sure you have the correct Type of Container Field.

Inspector >> Data >> Data Formatting >> Options for Images

There are two ways to Insert. One is just Insert and the other is Insert as a Reference - Did you try Insert as a Reference?

Thanks for this. I used a script step to insert as a Reference. I went to the Options, and checked on interactive content and play automatically. Clicking on the field did nothing, and I added the AVPlayer and selected Audio only, and that didn't work. So I still obviously don't know enough to get it to work.

Thanks for responding, Lee.

The AV Script steps are for FMGo only.

Here is a sample that works for me.  There is a button to insert an mp3 from path that the user supplies or just right click and insert audio file.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjvunnvztkg15km/mp3ContainerSample.fmp12?dl=0

mp3ContainerSample.fmp12

Edited by schamblee

Hey Schamblee!  The link is appreciated but the reason Lee asks you to move the example here is that, over the years, people drop items in their dropbox and then the links break.  There is a better chance that the link will be accessible to more people for longer period if stored here.  :-)

Edited by LaRetta

LaRetta

I copied the file over this morning.  I clicked edit, then I attached the file.  I will add it to this post. 

mp3ContainerSample.fmp12

I went back to the above post to try again.  There is a plus icon to add upload to post, that I missed this morning. 

Edited by schamblee

This topic is 2866 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.