Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Database not working in Webdirect

H

This topic is 2851 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

i have been using webdirect for my clients for the past few month now , worked ok at most times - (except when when web direct was down)

The solution has undergone a major redesign/redevelopment , basically just layout changed and a couple more tables added.

it was finally working great and was all in order imported all records into it which were several thousands but unfortunatly when accessing it in web direct the system freezes after the second click , it lets me click once on any button then justs freezes.

Anypne ever experienced any of this , know of some bug webdirect has , or some limitation of something i used that could cause this to happen.

I can`t do it slowly because this redesign was work from a couple of month  , a solution with a load of tables and layouts.

i would appreciate if anyone could share there expereince with any of this because i just don`t know where to start debugging.

Edited by H

Anyone ever expereinced any such bug in web direct , i would appreciate if someone has anything to offer on this issue.

On 6/30/2016 at 1:40 PM, H said:

it was finally working great and was all in order imported all records into it which were several thousands but unfortunatly when accessing it in web direct the system freezes after the second click , it lets me click once on any button then justs freezes.

Anypne ever experienced any of this , know of some bug webdirect has , or some limitation of something i used that could cause this to happen.

Hello H,

No, that is not normal behavior but you've provided no details about your setup nor the layouts so it isn't possible to diagnose.  

1. Any FIRST CLICK causes a crash?  Or only on the SECOND click?  If so, what is the click; does it run a script and if so, what is the script?  
  2. Are you on the latest Updater for version 14?  Is it 14.0v6?  Are you using FMS and what is the version/updater?
  3. Is it a single layout which freezes or any layout or only upon initial opening?
  4. Are there popovers now when there weren't before?
  5. Have you tried just manually adding a few records to the file and see if it crashes then?
  6. What happens if you run a full Recover on the file, host the file and see if it crashes?  This is just for testing ... one never wants to use a recovered file.
  7. Has the file improperly crashed?
  8. How burdened with objects is the layout?  Are there heavy aggregate calculations on the layout?
Edited by LaRetta
Added three more questions

This topic is 2851 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.