Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How can I break a relationship as soon as the new record is created?

This topic is 3281 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have two related tables, "LOG" and "LOG_ITEMS". I want to create a new table occurrence called "create_LOG_ITEMS" so when I enter a value in a field from the "LOG" layout it creates a new record and then it immediately breaks the relationship after the new record is created. Can someone please explain the technique for doing this?

Not sure if it's the most efficient method but I figured out a way to do it. I created a global field in my parent call temp_UUID and I set this with a UUID as the first step of the script.  I insert a value into one of the related fields to create the record, and then I reset the temp_UUID with a new value to break the relationship.

• Like 1

Yes. This is how I do this all the time even in loops. No navigating to other table

in some cases I have a CREATE global field in most tables in order to hook that up to other child tables. Where ever you need to create a child record. Doesn't matter what table. And this lets me turn off create on portals so user presses a button to create the item in a portal 

the connector selector model magnifies this even more since you abstract this to it's own table and allows creation of records anywhere from anywhere in addition to show in related data. 

This topic is 3281 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.