Newline character not recognized by FileMaker Pro

This topic is 5972 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have a piece of code in C# that pushes data from an online form to the FileMaker Pro database.

It grabs text from different textboxes. To insert a line break after each line, I use "rn" or Environment.NewLine (both mean the same in Windows Enviroment). This thing was working fine until I think we updated to FileMaker Pro 9.

Users who are using version 9 see the data all jumbled up (as if FileMaker is not recognizing the new line character).

Users who are using version 8 don't have this problem. They see the data fine. So I am pretty sure its not the code problem.

Are there any known issues? Is there a work around.

Thanks all...

You could try comparing the Fonts in the Version 9 files to the old ones. When I converted the files here to 9 the fonts were not listed in Filemaker so things got a little screwy.

Also if I understand what you are asking to create a new line the character is a Pilcrow ¶.

Michael

Thanks for replying AudioFreak.

Pilcrow is actually a character commonly used to denote paragraphs.

What I am talking about is a new line character. Let me try to explain what I am trying to do.

I have a web page that is actually a form that customers can fill in to submit a request for something. Now the form has textboxes where the customer can type in.

For example, I have a textbox named "Name" and the other as "Location". Now in Filemaker pro database, values from these two textboxes go to the same field CustomerInfo. I use oledb to do that. And they should display in two seperate lines instead of just one line.

So for that I use "rn" in my code which is essentially a new line character in Windows environment.

Filemaker Pro 8 seemed to recognize this character but with 9, it doesnt seem to be the case.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5972 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.