Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

HELP - Data lost!

2 posts in this topic

I ran out of space on my laptop, so I moved a huge folder called data (where I keep mostly installer EXE files) to another PC.  Big mistake.  Now, there are NO ENTRIES in my FileMaker file.  I looked for FMPRO files in the data folder, but couldn't find them.

How do I fix this mess?  What is the name of the subfolder in data that I need?

Confused. You say there are no entries in your filemaker file. This implies that you do have the database file open. Unless what you mean is when you open FileMaker, you cannot find any files to open.

If the former, go up in the menue and do a find all and open the status area to see how many records are actually in there. If you actually have the fmp file, moving other items to another PC should not affect the data.

If the latter, do searches for the file on both computers. Again, if you have just moved things around the file should not disappear.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Steve Martino
      Hello Forum.  I had some basic questions (for starters) about a report I am trying to create:
      1.  Can this type of report be created?
      2.  Can you point me in the right direction.
      I have the following tables: People connected to both Readings and Sessions with the usual primary key-foreign key relationship
      I would like to generate a report for a person, with 1 Reading record, then Session records after that Reading record timestamp, then another Reading record, etc.
      So basically it would look like this:
                                          Person Name
                August 1 9:00:00 am (Reading record)
                         August 2 10:00:00 am (Sessions Record)
                         August 3 10:00:00 am (Sessions Record)
                         August 4 10:00:00 am (Sessions Record)
                         August 5 10:00:00 am (Sessions Record)
                  August 6 9:00:00 am (Reading Record)
                         August 6 10:00:00 am (Sessions Record)
                         August 7 10:00:00 am (Sessions Record)
                         August 8 10:00:00 am (Sessions Record)
                         August 9 10:00:00 am (Sessions Record)
      I've researched and used the VL technique, but didn't see an example that matched this.  I could do it with 1 Reading record and multiple Sessions records, but not multiple/multiple. 
      If it is possible, I just don't know where to start.  I've considered another TO where all the records reside, basically creating them in the order I need them for the report, but that's more like the VL.
      If I want them all to line up it would be easier, or do I just do a VL report, and as I'm appending the records, if they are Session records, just add a tab space?
      Just need some pointers.
    • By Courtney
      I have a business unit within my company for whom I set up a quick time tracking database about 6 months ago based on the time tracking system that my business unit has been using for years. After their "pilot" usage, they sent me back this graphic of what they want the interface to look like. It's a spreadsheet. Really. I'm super frustrated. I don't even know where to post this. I don't know why they don't just use a spreadsheet if they want a spreadsheet.
      What I would like to do (after my top 3 completely unprofessional responses) is either refer them to an existing product that someone has already developed that looks like this OR find out if there's a relatively simple way to set up something like this in FileMaker. Did I mention this is all a "favor" that I'm expected to do at no cost, and aside from my normal workload? Right now I can't even begin to wrap my head around how to do something like this. One record with the Project, Task, Notes, and then one field per day of the week for hours to be entered?
      Grateful for any suggestions!

• By john9210
      I am examining a demo file. The field SportName uses a curious auto entry calculation. Let[Trigger=SportCategory;""], where SportCategory is another field in the same table. What's the purpose and what does it mean? Being auto entry, I thought it only effected new records.
    • By john9210
      I have a script that is supposed to open a URL. Instead, it opens a folder on my desktop. Two script steps: Enter browse mode; OpenURL. The field that the script uses is a text field and contains the web address that starts with http://. Why should it be opening a folder? I can't find a setting anywhere to control this.
    • By AngelArs
      This should be a easy one to answer...
      Recently imported an excel file and all of the formatting was off. 
      Looking at the table, I need to select everything in a field (column) so that I can center every entry in the column. How do you do this? 
      I tried selecting the top entry, hold down the shift key and then select the bottom entry, but that didn't work.