HEEELP !!!! java version 6 32 bit

This topic is 2584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, I created a plug. and run this indicates...

"360Works requires a 32-bit version of java. "

It requires java version 6 of 32 bit.
I find only v8, anyone knows where i can get the v6 32-bit

Heeelp me !!  please

Regards

Edited by rodland

Thank Josh, here adjust the link of oracle :

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase6-419409.html#jdk-6u45-oth-JPR

Take the opportunity to ask ...:
When creating a plugin with scriptmaster, this is dependent on Java for execution or a component itself.

I mean, it is assumed that the plugin (created with SM) ought to be properly executed independent of the version of Java installed on your computer.

Regards

This is ONLY on Mac. If you see my previous thread and conversation with Stirling there is work in the pipeline to remove the dependancy on Java 6 but the have to be patient for  little while longer.

I had a great chat to Jesse while at Devcon and now understand much more the reason why this dependancy is there, and it is down to one of those classic Apple won't agree with someone else issues. It's really not that much of an issue except if you want to use library which had dependencies itself on Java 7 or 8 - I have a couple solve been gently pushing for some while on this issue

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Hello,

is there any known time schedule for a Java 64Bit integration in ScriptMaster?

Regarding to apple, OS X El Capitan is the last Mac OS Version with Java 1.6, 32 Bit support. MacOS Sierra will be released in the next months so it would be good if we could update our plugins to a Java 64 Bit version soon.

kind regards

Julian

Edited by Julian

Hi Julian,

We are currently working on a new framework for our plugins that will remove the dependency for Java 6 on Mac. We are close but are still working on a few things. We hope to release that framework later this year. We will announce the release on our website as well as through an email blast. If you would like to subscribe to our mailing list you can go to 360works.com and scroll down to the bottom of the page under 360Works Newsletter and subscribe.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi guys,

We have run into a few hinderances during development but we are hoping to release early 2017.  We apologize for any inconveniences. As I said in my earlier post, we will most definitely announce the new release on our website, social media, and our newsletter. I will also make a note to update this thread as well. 

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

We are working feverishly to get this new framework completed and tested so that we can release as soon as possible. Again, we will announce their release on all of our media outlets so please be sure that you are subscribed to at least one of them so you know when they are released.

19 hours ago, Julian said:

I'm also still patiently waiting for a solution.

Is there a chance that there will ever be a 64bit Version? Does someone maybe know an alternative? 

Legacy Java 6 is both 32 and 64 bit. The current plugin will work in both 64 bit and 32-bit mode.

• Like 1

• Newbies
4 hours ago, ryan360Works said:

Legacy Java 6 is both 32 and 64 bit. The current plugin will work in both 64 bit and 32-bit mode.

Yep, you are right, i didn't checked it properly. ScriptMaster is running Java 1.6.0_65 (64 bit) at my Mac OSX 10.11.6. I somehow assumed that it would be the 32-bit Version.

Whatever, I'm interested to know if there is maybe an overview of the parts of the ScriptMaster 4.42 which are currently not compatible with Java 1.8?

Since all the ScriptMaster Plugins (and Plugins that have been created by ScriptMaster) share the same JavaVM, I thought it would be somehow easy to make a C++ Plugin for FileMaker which is loading a Java 1.8 VM.

I spend a few hours to make a Plugin and at the moment it seems to work quiet well. As long as my native FileMaker Plugin gets loaded before the first ScriptMaster Plugin, all of the ScriptMaster Plugins will use Java 1.8 (In my case Java 1.8.0_111).

I didn't had the time to make some tests on different MacOS Systems (especially not on a system with a missing Java 1.6) but at the moment it looks quite good. All the standard "ScriptMaster Modules" seems to work. Expect for modules that use some GUI Dialogs (I needed to set the Java argument java.awt.headless=true for my Plugin to run properly). 

But actually I don't have a need for Java GUIs and maybe there is even a way to fix this issue.

regards

Julian

By that you are probably asking a different question which is easily answered.

The only things in the example file which would be not valid are where a method used is deprecated in a later Java version. The bigger issues we face is where a jar library has been updated to include new methods but is complied under Java 1.7 or 1.8. And this affects Mac users

• 2 months later...
  • Newbies

Hi again...  Could you provide an updated ETA on an update that won't require Java 6?  We have a major new release of a vertical market product in a couple months and really need to leave the Java 6 thing behind... I'd like to avoid figuring out an alternative to our custom ScriptMaster plugin if at all possible! Soon please soon!

• Like 1

As a heavy user of many of the 360Works products, I'd like to see this Java v6 dependency go away as well.  I'm positive that they are working hard at this, as evident of their previous works. 

This topic is 2584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.