Close Popover Unusual Behavior

doughemi

This topic is 2723 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have found an unusual situation using the Close Popover script step.

I have slide panels on a layout, and want to use a popover button to switch between them.  If I use a script that just uses a Go to Object step, the panels switch, but the popover remains on screen.  Fine, I said, I'll just add a Close Popover step. When I do, the popover erases, but the window jumps back to the original slide panel.

Have i, as I often do, overlooked something obvious? Can someone help with a workaround? Please see attached sample.

panelswitch.fmp12

Hi Doug!

I wonder if you have a layout trigger running or something else interfering.  What FM version and platform/version are you running?  Because I removed the pause and close popover from both scripts and they both still run perfectly, from what I can tell.  Please see attached.  Am I missing something?

popover.mp4

BTW, I'm using FMPA15.0.1.119 on OS 10.11.6

No file triggers, no layout triggers.

Removing the pause, for me, made it look like nothing is happening (stays on the same panel), but re-inserting it shows the window going to the destination  slide panel for the duration of the pause, then jumping back. This is using the script with the Close Popover step active.

With the removal of the Close Popover step the attached screenshots show what is happening for me. Note that the position of the switch is different on Panel 3, but the popover hasn't moved. (It does go away if I click anywhere on the layout, as expected [but adding a go to object [ ] to the script does nothing].)

FMA 14.0.6 on OS X 10.11.6

BTW, what did you use to generate the video?

snap1.jpg

snap2.jpg

I use a program called Snagit.

26 minutes ago, doughemi said:

FMA 14.0.6 on OS X 10.11.6

Ah ha!  When I run my fixed file in version 14 (where I've removed the pause and close popover), the popovers break as you've indicated.  It appears to be fixed in 15.  I cannot figure out any way to fix it for you in version 14 and I've tried many combinations, just as you have.  Sorry, Doug.

It breaks when I test on exact same configuration you use.

WAIT!!  Of course we must close the popover BEFORE issuing the 'go to object'.  It appears to work for me even in 14!

26 minutes ago, doughemi said:

Removing the pause, for me, made it look like nothing is happening (stays on the same panel), but re-inserting it shows the window going to the destination  slide panel for the duration of the pause, then jumping back.

This was the clue ... why would it jump back?  It jumps back because it had to finish closing the popover which existed on the prior panel.

I will add that the step Close Popover isn't needed at all in version 15.  It is fixed that, when changing panels, the popover closes.

Edited by LaRetta

This topic is 2723 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.