Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Creating new record Portal still shows data

bishop7262

This topic is 2705 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

When I click create New Record all fields should be blank.  But my Portal, which has fields inside, pulls data from a different record.  I am not sure why it is doing this but since it is a New Record all the fields in the Portal should be empty.  Please any advice is appreciated.

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 10.47.18 PM.png

Why not post a copy of your file. That way we can see the Schema and we can either modify your file or suggest the changes using the actual fields, layouts, scripts, etc.

Lee

You have advance, did you watch the Add Client script run? I get an error that the Layout Object “infoTab” is missing?

The script doesn’t need to have the Enter Browse (You already are in Browse Mode).

You don’t want to halt script in this case.

This is an XPOST with FileMaker Community where the problem was correctly guessed at by keywords, even without a copy of the file.

Big problem with the client ID: 34 duplicate records.

Next value for client ID: 1014

Max existing client ID: 1168

pkClientID index.png

pkClientID next value.png

Edited by BruceR

Oh dear.

If the solution wasn't obvious the moment the record ID problem was revealed, then you have much much bigger problems.

How did you come to be in possession of this solution in the first place? It is a rather complicated mess.

The smallest and most immediate problem is fixing the next value for pkClientID.

But you now have a lot of records that have duplicate values for the client ID; and THOSE records will have to be fixed.

And they in turn, connect to other records, such as trainer records, and THOSE connections will have to be fixed.

I think you should think strongly about getting a developer to fix this all for you and implement UUIDs, etc.

This topic is 2705 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.