Bill_misc_IT

Drag pdf into container to create multiple page pdf from existing

I have a solution to track employee expense reports which contains a container to store a pdf of related receipts.  Currently, I create a multiple page pdf of receipts in Apple Preview, then paste it into the container.  Was wondering if it was possible to create a FM script or AppleScript to drop a single, additional pdf into the container and "automatically" create multiple page pdf with the existing container contents?

Thanks in advance!

The other alternative is to have a related receipts table and drop the new files into a portal. That way they have a unique date or description. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Monarch
      Hi everyone!
      I have a text field, with each sentence separated by ¶ .
      I would like to create buttons for each line in this field, so that I can copy each line individually (and paste manually in different application for example)
      I assume that it's easy to do in calculation with GetValue, and make a script using Get (ScriptParameter) = line number in that field, for each button. ( I ll need only 7-10 lines max).
      1. I can't figure out what script function I need to use to make a selective copy...
      2. If one of the option is Set Selection function - how would it work in my case?
      Thank you!
    • By Dellana
      I am using Filemaker Pro 17.  I have created a container field with 'interactive content (PDF, MP3, etc.)' checked in the Data tab in the Inspector. PDF's won't upload.    I've uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Reader DC.  I've tried other PDF files and they just won't load.  What am I doing wrong?  (I've done is successfully in the past with Filemaker 15 with the exact same PDF files).  I'm using a MacBook Pro with MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.2 (18C54).
    • By Asu
      Hello -- I would like to open pdf files that are stored in a secure external manner. 
      Only the first page of multipage files show in a FM container window (if I';m not mistaken) so I am wondering about using Preview (Mac, of course). I can retrieve the file path to the secure file by processing the text output of the container file, and then use it as a variable filename in a Send Event script step,  but Preview cannot open it.
      Any suggestions?
    • By stan111
      Hi, 
      I created a dashboard with a bunch of buttons, attached script to every button, which allows me navigating to specific record of the Products table. Basically, every script is the same, with minor changes (only record ID field changes).
      The process of creating a script to every button is a very time consuming as I need to write a script that  a) goes to layout b)finds the certain record 
      1 "Step: Go to Layout
          Layout: Products

2 Step: Perform Find" 

Is there a way to simplify the task?

Thanks!
    • By Jonathan Ackerman
      is it possible to append text or images to the end of a loaded doc. (not just another document)-

i.e. something like--

$result=ScribeDocAppend ("new stuff")

it seems the function only looks to append other files, not text
      what i need is to be able to add custom text to the end of some documents-

not sure how to do this.

thanks!
  • Who Viewed the Topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.