How to capture/store status of schedules run on server

Genelia

This topic is 2570 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello Guys,

I have around 16/17 automated schedules that run from server and as we know that after completing of every schedule we get notification about that Schedule status like Run successfully or with abort status or kind of error status . I am giving few examples 

Case 1: Successfully run

"Schedules 1-ABCD" completed.

FileMaker Server automatically sent you this email.  Contact the administrator if you no longer want to receive these notifications:
Contact information not specified

Case 2: Error occurs:

"Schedule 2 XYZ" completed; last scripting error (101).

FileMaker Server automatically sent you this email.  Contact the administrator if you no longer want to receive these notifications:
Contact information not specified.

Case 3:

"Schedule Report 3" completed; last scripting error (401).

Contact information not specified.

case 4:

Schedule "Report_123" aborted; FileMaker scripts can't be run because FileMaker Script Engine (FMSE) process is stopped

So my concern is that we get these kind of email notifications after every schedule run. 

Is there a way, we can just capture schedule status in any table/fields  log file  and just track them at one place. and at last when all schedules completed. just send that table log file to show result status of all schedules instead of sending email notification every time after schedule completion ?

or

is there any batch script that could capture all and send all of schedules status in just one go?

Please advice me.

Thanks in advance,

You can parse the FMS event log and use OS-level automation to get your own notifications.

If you want to keep this in FMS you can set up an FMS script sequence session to grab a copy of the event log, copy it to the FMS documents folder and set up a FM import of that, then remove dups and set up notifications in FM based on that FM data.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

So now i am thinking to import Eventlog which isexisting at scripts folder of Filemaker server (using windows filemaker) into filemaker temp. file so that later on i can do filter my required schedule data . To achieve this first i need to put that eventlog file onto Documents folder of filemaker server so that by filemaker scripting i can import it easily into my Temp. files.

To achieve this i need to write system level shell script by that we can copy events log file from scripts folder to documents folder.

But for me big problem is that i am completly zero in shell script.

Help me to write batch script.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Wim, I have tried your given command prompt and got what i really wanted. But still same issue with me . My requirement is just to store that status somewhere in filemaker table so that i can keep track .

Can i get it? like if i create batch script and put your given command "fmsadmin list schedules -s" . for example my filemaker server username is "ABCD" and password is "1234". I want to store that status in excel or tab format and to store it at documents folder of filemaker server. so that later i can import it into my filemaker table.

so details are:

1.Username: ABCD

2. Password:1234

3. command:fmsadmin list schedules -s

4. store the result of command  into excel file or tab file

5. save that file into Documents folder of Filemaker server

Thanks in advance,

On windows it would be a 1-line CMD file:

fmsadmin list schedules -s -u ABCD -p 1234 >"c:\program files\filemaker\filemaker server\data\documents\schedules.txt"

save that CMD file in the FMS scripts folder and them make a new FMS script sequence schedule that first runs the CMD file and then the import script.

Thanks a Lot Wim. It works for me and i got what i wanted , Now rest i will handle , main problem was with me to write batch script. But sure now i will also start to learn fundamentals of batch script coding

. Thanks you so much.

Hi,

1 more thing, i am getting data in single field when i am importing txt file(Although when i am opening txt file, it is showing data in vertical format in rows and column name is differentiated) , see attached snapshot.

is it a way we can save file in such a way so that during import all column name could be split and during import column imported in individulal fields?

Capture.PNG

This topic is 2570 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.