Server Maintenance This Week. ×

All buttons are now grouped in FMP16

This topic is 2512 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

When I open my solution in FMP16, any button that has an assigned to as script is now 'grouped.' This is locking me out of making any design changes to the buttons without ungrouping and re-assigning the button. Once I re-assign the script the button it that becomes grouped again. Ugh! When I open the same solution in FMP15 I do not experience any of these issues. BTW I am using the Classic Theme. Had anyone experience this problem and found a solution?

This has always been the case, but it was kind of hidden from us.

Use the layout objects list to select field to make your changes.

Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 5.26.39 PM.png

The changes to 16, and the Layout Objects list, just kind of exposed it.

Hmmm. That seem like an extra step hassle to change the color of button or the size of the text. No other simpler workaround...other than opening the solution in FMP 15?

I have been using invisible buttons laid over the objects for some time because of the need to re-assign the button action after mods. Just slide the button out of the way and back again after mods.

A small benefit is that the 'button' can be a different size to the objects behind it - handy on mobile phones as you can have larger 'hit' area.

13 hours ago, ddinisco said:

Hmmm. That seem like an extra step hassle to change the color of button or the size of the text. No other simpler workaround...other than opening the solution in FMP 15?

Extra step: yes.

Hassle: after a while it doesn't feel that way because that new Layout Object inspector brings so much goodness that you'll use it all the time anyway and it won' feel like a hassle to have to move over to it.  It'll become a very natural flow of your layout design.  But it definitely is a change and requires a bit of mental retraining and so there is a bit of 'who moved my cheese'.  I certainly scoffed at it in the beginning, now I can think of all the bigger hassles I had to go through before having this.

• Like 2

This topic is 2512 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.