Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Deleting rows leaves button behind

Ben ECA

This topic is 2451 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm a novice, and would love some help. In the attached file, I have portals for notes and documents in an applicant's record.

The button above the portal creates a new document record in the new document layout, and I have a 'save' or return button to return to that applicant's record.

A button over the portal row takes you to the related record of a document . the button is set to be invisible when the document primary key is empty

A delete button in the portal row deletes that portal row.

The problem is that when I delete a record the button remains (in an empty row) - when it is pressed, it takes you to an empty record, and then the back buttn doesn't work.

After navigating through different records and so on, the button disappears.

What have I done wrong? Can anyone help?

CLIENT REG.fmp12

Edited by Ben ECA

1. I don't experience that problem.

2. But let's be sure we're clear on what you mean by "delete a record". When you delete a parent (Client) record?

When delete one of the Note or Document records? 

I meant deleting a child (note, document) record. Oddly though, when I came back to it today it's no longer happening. Is it a case of switsh it off and back on again to solve problem?

Ben,

If you have Allow Create checked in the Parent>Child (portal) relationship, than any button in the portal row will appear in the last portal row. You can use the Hide When feature in the Inspector to hide the button if the Parent>Child::primaryID is empty.

hth,

Barbara

This topic is 2451 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.