Scanning Script move to field

This topic is 2393 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a Db setup that allows users to scan barcodes and save them in a barcode field. I'd like to set it up so that after they scan the barcode, it will move the cursor to another field automatically. I also have a button setup to navigate to the next record and automatically go to the Barcode field to wait for input. Below is what I've got for my button, but I can't seem to figure out how to set it up so that the cursor will automatically move to a specific field in that record after entering the barcode fom the scanner.

So far I have:

Go to Record/Request/Page [Next; Exit after last:Off]

Go to Field [UPCS::UPC]

Almost all barcode scanners pass a carriage return at the end of each scanned barcode. Set your barcode field to to go to next object using return and enter. You may do it from inspector window while the barcode field is selected:

image.thumb.png.5090c92e51e28ca76188a341d91b8214.png

Now when scanner gun passes the return carriage, the mouse cursor will jump to the next object. This also can trigger a script trigger so you can set your script to trigger on "object save" or "object exit" for the barcode field.

This way, when scanner gun passes the  return carriage, it forces FileMaker to exit the field and run your script. Then the script trigger can go to next record and then select any field you want.

• Like 1

That is true. I left out some information on that. I actually turned off CR on my scanner as it was adding a CR to the end of the text in my barcode field. 

If I turn CR back on in the scanner and use Return to navigate to the next object will it still add the CR to my barcode text?

Edited by OneStop

This topic is 2393 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.