Recompiling an older custom plugin?

This topic is 2367 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've got a custom plugin that was created with SM several years ago, when it still had a dependency to Java v6.  I recently updated my portfolio licensing so that the end users don't have to have Java installed on their machines.  

Is there an <easy> way to recompile this custom plugin to take advantage of the new architecture, or will I have to recreate from scratch?  The developer that created the custom plugin is no longer with us, and I was hoping to shortcut this process to avoid the learning curve.  

Hi Brent,

The only way to get your custom plugin on the new framework is to regenerate it with ScriptMaster 5. If you have the ScriptMaster.fmp12 file that was originally used to generate the custom plugin it may make it a bit easier. If you don't have the original file and the custom plugin is using modules other than the included example modules, you will need to recreate those modules.

Thanks for the info.  I was able to find the original file from the developer who created it for us. 

In the v5.06 I noticed that there are 2 .fmp12 files, one labeled _16+.  Do I -need- to use this _16+ file, or can I use the old original file along with the new plugin to compile this?  If I need to use the new file, is there an easier way to transfer the old code to the new file besides copy and paste?  I couldn't find anything in the documentation about this.

Hi Brent, 

You shouldn't need to use the 16+ file . The only difference is that the scripts are altered to call the plugin functions as script steps instead of as calculations. Not sure what version of ScriptMaster your file was distributed with but it should be the same as the other .fmp12 file and work with the new plugin. 

This topic is 2367 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.