ScripMaster Plugin "?" Failed to initialize.

This topic is 2353 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am experiencing issues loading the ScriptMaster 5.05 plugin on OS X 10.12 Sierra using

FileMaker Pro 15 Advanced. I get the "?" Failed to initialize. error when trying to enable

the plugin within FileMaker. I have tried manually replacing the plugins 1.8.0_121

resource files and have tried the workaround suggested on the ScriptMaster site without success. Any

suggestion on what my next step that I could try? Does anyone have this successfully working?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Thank You

Anthony

360Works Error 5.05.jpg

Hey Anthony,

Could you reproduce this error and then immediately send us your logs? Here's a link to documentation that walks you through retrieving logs if that's helpful:  http://docs.360works.com/index.php/Plugin_log_files

Please forward those logs to [email protected], which will generate a support ticket and allow us to communicate back and forth with you. If you want, feel free to give me a call if you are available to screenshare and we can troubleshoot on the spot.

Junior Perez, 360Works Support

I had this issue when there were different versions of the ScriptMaster plugin installed in different Extensions locations (5.0.5 in FMPA's subfolder and an older v. 4.x in the User library one).

Making sure there was only one copy of the plugin seems to have fixed it.

Thanks for your logs Anthony. Based on your info, it looks like we're trying to pass a command for Java to start a thread and it's not responding to our request. This is something we have to address as we're sending the command to our own Java environment. 

I'm pretty confident our current developer build has a more robust interface built to handle unexpected responses and would work, but I'm unable to send out development builds at the moment as some critical code is being reworked. If you need to use Scriptmaster sooner than later, I'd refer you to the most up-to-date version of SM 5's predecessor, Scriptmaster 4, which I'll link here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.prosc.store.downloads/360Works+ScriptMaster-4_43.zip

It may be a matter of days before a suitable version 5 development build is available. I'll keep you posted.

If it's possible the JRE wasn't downloaded and extracted correctly, that could also be a reason. Feel free to call us if you want to speak over the phone and I can double-check.

Junior Perez

360Works Support

Thank you for your help and response.

I removed the 5.05 plugin and the 360Works folder generated by the plugin in the user library application support folder and installed the 4.43. When

I open FileMaker the plugin starts downloading the Java resource files, I click OK in the displayed dialog at that point FileMaker

freezes and I have to force quit the app. It does generate a new 360Works folder in the user library application folder, but the only way I can

get FileMaker to open in to remove the plugin.

Thanks again

Anthony

I don't believe Scriptmaster 4.43 should attempt to download any resource files, as it's on our older framework which uses native java calls on your operating system. My guess is you have another one of our plugins that is trying to reload that JRE. 

Could you try launching FileMaker using Scriptmaster but without the other plugins? Sometimes new and old version don't get along well. If you can, please give us a call and I can try to get your set up working  over a screenshare. If I have your environment in front of me and know what your needs are, I suspect I can get this working pretty quickly.

Junior Perez, 360Works Support

Hi AnothyDixon,

As Junior mentioned, ScriptMaster 4.43 will not download the resource files as that mechanism did not exist in the framework 4.43 is based on. ScriptMaster 4.43 requires that you install Legacy Java 6 in order to operate on a Mac. That can be downloaded here if you do not already have it installed. Since you are still seeing the "preparing for first use" window,  I suspect you either have another one of our plugins installed or you have 5.05 installed elsewhere. There are 3 locations that plugins can be installed in order to use them in FileMaker Pro. On Mac with FM 15 these locations are  /Applications/FileMaker Pro 15 Advanced/Extensions/ , /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/Extensions ,  and /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/FileMaker Pro Advanced/15.0/Extensions . In the last two paths the "Library" folder is a hidden folder by default so you may need to unhide it or use the "go to folder" option in Finder to get to that folder. Check all of those locations for other instances of our plugins and remove them if they exist. Additionally, make sure that the plugin file that you are installing is in fact 4.43 and not 5.05 by mistake.

I have verified all three locations, and there is nothing installed. I can launch FileMaker and nothing happens on startup, I can verify that there are no other plugins installed by going to plugins in FM
preferences. As soon as I quit FM and drag the 4.43 extension I download from the provided link to one of the three locations and reopen FM and try to initialize it in preferences I get the first use dialog I click OK and FM freezes. The legacy version of Java had previously been installed.

ExtentionLocation.jpg

The only explanation for the "first use" window showing when you click to enable the plugin is that 5.05 is actually installed instead of 4.43. Can you confirm that 4.43 is installed? You can do so by opening Preferences->plugins and selecting the plugin. The version will show at the bottom of the window after the description. See attached screen shot. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 2.58.29 PM.png

Anthony,

Apologies for the confusion, it seems the instance of the plugin that is at that link  is not actually ScriptMaster 4.43 but rather a build based on our new framework and the version was never upped. Please download ScriptMaster 4.43 here.

Thank you for the updated link, I was able to load the 4.43. Thanks for all your help and sorry for the confusion. Any additional thoughts on

why the 5.05 would not load? The 4.43 is currently working in my test environment  but would like to be on the latest at some point as I

will be upgrading to the Pro version and would like to deploy the latest.

Thanks again for all your time and help.

Anthony

1 hour ago, AnthonyDixon said:

why the 5.05 would not load?

This is an issue we have had reported that occurs on some user's machines. It is a framework issue that we have since fixed in development. We are hoping to push the next iteration of our plugins soon that contains this fix amongst other things. Ill make a note to bump this thread once we do.

This topic is 2353 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.