360Works Email Recently Stopped Working - High Sierra issue?

This topic is 2319 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have two computers with two identical installations of FM Advanced 16 that both have the same 360Works_Email.fmplugin in their respective Extensions folder. My iMac (OS = Sierra) works fine, but on my laptop, which was recently upgraded to High Sierra, I get the following message upon initiating a script that includes emailing two PDFs:

Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465

This error is as of November 11, 2017 after working for many years. I'm almost positive I sent emails while using High Sierra on the laptop.

After researching, I checked my Sign In & Security settings in Gmail and found that Insecure Apps is already enabled. I tried capturing some error with EmailLastError but no dialogue displayed.

Further troubleshooting, I went to upgrade the 360Works_Email.fmplugin to the latest version, the laptop (with High Sierrra) stopped showing me any error message at all, but still did not send the email. I got a prompt to install Java after I upgraded to High Sierra, could it be related to that? How do I check to see if that installation completed?

Edited by fmjv808
clarity

I have the same problem. Just after upgrading to High Sierra, the Email plugin (latest version 3_05; FM 16 Advanced) stopped working and only says it is unable to connect to the server, which it did many times successfully under Sierra. I hope someone can offer a solution. Thanks!

Edited by mbust

I am not able to reproduce this issue. In High Sierra using Email 3.05 I am able to connect to smtp.gmail.com without issue. fmjv808 I believe you have already submitted a ticket to support. Mbust, please send an email to [email protected] with a description of the issue as well as your logs. Please replicate the issue and then send the logs. Be sure to send before any restarts of FileMaker as restarting will overwrite the logs. See this page for log locations.

I am seeing EXCACTLY the same same issue  with V2 of  plug in. Ir worked fine until I Upgraded to High Sierra. The connect step fails

Emailasterror returns (after a 30 second wait)"

Could not connect to SMTP host: email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com, port: 465

Note the FM send mail step works fine with the same credentials, but the port  is 587,   but fails (after about 30 secs) If I set it 465  Fm error 1506

Untitled 21.png

adding reply tracking

add reply tracking

Edited by Oliver Reid

Hi Oliver Reid,

Have you tried using Email 3 to see if the issue persists?  If not, please download it here and install it and try to connect. Make sure to confirm that Email 3.05 is indeed installed before testing by checking in Preferences->Plugins. If the issue persists, please send in your logs to [email protected] . See this page for log locations. Please be sure to replicate the error and send the logs before any restarts of FileMaker as restarting will overwrite the logs.

Hello everyone,

Thanks to Ryan360Works, my problem was solved. The plug in, I thought, was the latest version, but it seems there are three different locations where the plugins can be, and it was not where FM would tell me. After Ryan explained that, I hunted down all the various places, deleted the old version, installed 3.05, and that solved the problem with High Sierra.

So light at the end of the Tunnel! And it is a bright day!

Thanks Ryan!! And thanks 360Works! Great plugin and service!

• Newbies

Mbust, Or Ryan, are you able to list the three possible locations where the plug-in could be (I know I found two of them) on a Mac are? Perhaps if I follow your same steps, I can get this to work.

Hello fmjv808,

Yes:  

One is the location that FileMaker opens for you from Preferences.

Another one is found at /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Applications/FileMaker Pro 16 Advanced/Extensions.

The third location is /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/Extensions.

1 minute ago, mbust said:

The third location is /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/Extensions.

I may be mistake but I believe this location will only exist if you have multiple versions of FMP installed as putting a plugin in this location will install it for all versions of FMP that are installed.

Just for reference the location that Preferences opens is /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/FileMaker Pro Advanced/<versionnumber>/Extensions . 

You can place the plugin in any of these locations. The only difference between them is what I stated above and the location that you can get to from Preferences is where the plugin will be installed if you call the Install Plug-in File script step (like in the case if auto-update)

• Newbies

I completely uninstalled all versions of FileMaker and all references to the plug-in, then I reinstalled Filemaker 16 Advanced, then I installed the plug-in, then checked all references to the license key in my scripts, and it works now. Thanks for your support.

This topic is 2319 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.