Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM 16 High Sierra save to desktop not working

baweld123

This topic is 2292 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all, i have a script that is for certificates , its simple really if the person has passed that test then a cert would be printed.  I have the same script for PDF on Desktop. 

The email one doesnt print the spot certs even though he has passed . The PDF script doesnt even save it to desktop.This all worked before but seems to have stopped working after last update. Any ideas?

Oh also minimise doesnt minimise in script anymore especially if you use CARD. as i say they did before.

Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 13.54.26.png

It looks like in your $PATH variable, you have a space after BS1140 before the ".pdf".  I would fix that first and go from there.

On a side note, while it doesn't matter much to FM at the moment, I would be very careful to make even the case of your variable names. You reference $PATH 3 distinct ways in that script ( $PATH $Path and $path ). You never know when something may change in the FM code that could cause that to break on you.

What are the settings in the 'Save as PDF' steps? If you are saving everything to the same path, I'm not sure what you are expecting to happen.  We probably need a little more detail about what exactly did happen before. There is only one step in there that I see that appends to an existing file. The others appear to overwrite the file before it.

Hi thanks for help, the idea is to collate all the PDFs together and this it used to do? now i only get the first two even though he has passed all seven. So say before if he only passed 5 modules all the modules saying passed would be placed on my desktop in one readable PDF. Then i created an extra script  part to email this collated pdf out. Now i only get two certs the 3rd and 4th in the collated pdf  even though he has passed spot which are the 1st 2nd. I also now dont get a pdf at all on my desktop. this script doesnt work full stop. both are the same script its just email has the send email part on at the end as shown.

hope that clarifies

my english is bad :-) what i was trying to say is there are two scripts one that pdfs onto desktop in a collated pdf (all in one) And one with an email step to the script. Both have worked for 3 years ok. Now the save as PDF one doesnt even place a pdf on my desktop and the email one only collates 3rd and 4th even though 1st and 2nd have been passed and they are earlier in the script. The email part works but i only get 2 pdfs even though he has passed 4 or 5 modules. I appreciate they do appear  to overwrite the one before it but as i say it worked perfect before. So i guess what im asking is how do i write a script that will collate 5 pdfs into one pdf for one person and email it out if so desired.

Thanks

This topic is 2292 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.