Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Preventing Printer Options Dialog Box From Popping Up Each Time

theroy

This topic is 2281 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi All,

We're using an application made with FileMaker Pro.  We often print from it.  We'd like to print with certain settings and not have the printer options

dialog box appear each time.  I'm assuming this is a file maker pro setting not a windows one.  Or maybe one would change something in both a global windows

place, and in filemaker pro..  How would I do this?  Thanks!!

Hi thery and welcome to the FM Forums,

I see that you posted a question on December 2, 2017 that went unanswered. If you still need help on that question let me know. 

FileMaker remembers some settings when user performs them manually.

Perform the script desired, and then immediately open the Script Workspace and set up the Print Script Step. it has an option to turn off the Print Dialog. See attachment.

Here is the online help on printing https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/help/16/fmp/en/#page/FMP_Help%2Fprint-setup.html%23wwconnect_header

If you haven't already done so, please read this helpful post about posting in the FM Forums, Anatomy of a Good Topic.

Lee 

Print Option.png

Edited by Lee Smith
modified and added png

Not in native Filemaker that I know of. Each Manual print job is considered unique. That's why the Print Script is setup to perform either way.

BTW, please don't quote the whole post when just replying to the thread. If there is a part of the post you feel needs to be quoted, just select that part.

p.s. I removed the quoted part.

Edited by Lee Smith
removed the quote

This topic is 2281 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.