Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Self-Join Value List Mayhem

Rich S

This topic is 2222 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Once again, I suspect I'm probably making it far more difficult to perform a simple operation than it needs to be. Please refer to the attached.

The setup: In the table, CHECKLIST_FORM, there are two fields of note: AccountName__lxt and Course_Parent__lxt. The list of test records is:

Record #----AccountName__lxt----Course_Parent__lxt

1       999999        History
2       999999        Social Studies
3       999999        Science
4       111111        History

Goal: To enable users to choose from a portal (self-join?) a value (Course_Parent__lxt) where if they click it, a script triggered script will take them to the record belonging to what's in the AccountName field and Course_Parent field, e.g., if you're on record #1 where current Account Name is 999999 and Course_Parent is History, the values that would appear in the portal would be Social Studies and Science; History shouldn't appear since the user is already looking at the record that has History as a course, so I'm thinking it would be a setting in the portal's Filter setup to exclude that value.

If you're on record 4, no values would appear in the portal since there's only one record for AccountName 111111, History, and you're looking at it.

I've tried a bunch of different permutations with the self-join setup but I'm just not nailing it. As always, your help is appreciated.

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 2.47.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 2.47.42 PM.png

Nailed it (three cups of high-octane coffee helps).  For the portal filter use: 

CHECKLIST_FORM::AccountName__lxt = CHECKLIST_FORM_X::AccountName__lxt

...and attached is the revised table map.

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 8.05.10 AM.png

Edited by WF7A

This topic is 2222 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.