Server Maintenance This Week. ×

"Could not fetch node and hub ids"

This topic is 2213 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

After a rather unfortunate weekend where a downed power line resulted in a five-hour outage during production, I got to work this morning to a bit of a mess. The primary iPad we use in production had all the data from Saturday's production and today's and it was syncing fine. Then they brought in the secondary iPad and tried to sync it, and the fun began. First, I started getting all kinds of error messages about specific records. Then it flat-out refused to sync the iPads at all, saying they were a "different database" than what was on the server. I wiped the second iPad and reinstalled an empty copy of the database from the MirrorSync link and it worked... kind of... but created a massive amount of duplicate files on the server (essentially every record was doubled, and some were tripled). I deleted all of those and tried to sync the main iPad again, but somehow the primary keys on the server in one table were one off the primary keys on the iPad where they'd been created. Hand-edited the primary keys (no go) and finally, in exasperation, deleted the server copies (they were less up to date than the iPad versions.)

Now I have a new and exciting error message! It says:

Could not fetch node and hub Ids from HsqlSyncJoin HsqlSyncJoin id 666 { hubNode=FileMaker Server 192.168.1.50/Sync_MSL,spokeNode=Client node Sync_MSL on Cheese's Go_iPadRed 15.0.4,configurationId=d7d07ff8-4a3d-4233-9322-61290fae987a }

Sync_MSL is the table that was causing all the problem with records before and, I suppose, continuing now. In the debugging panel of the MirrorSync layout on the iPad, it says: 

Error code 0 / Pinged address: ... /Response: 'TempValue'

Help? I really need to get this data off the iPad and onto the server, and I'm utterly at a loss right now as to what's happened or how I can fix it.

Edited by kfeete

This error is indicative of corrupt sync data. In order to fix this, you can try to Repair the sync data. To do so, right-click on the configuration name in the MirrorSync Config Client and select "Repair SyncData". While the sync data is repairing, no syncs can be executed. Try to sync again after this process is complete. If you still get the error, then you will need to "Reset SyncData". Doing so will require new offline files to be distributed.

This topic is 2213 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.