Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 2134 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there,

I know this question is going to be a bit vague but I would be grateful for any help. The database is Hosted on FMPHost on the cloud hosting, the clients use FMP 2016 on Windows. The tables in question are a contact information table and a donations table. The donations table is seen via a portal on the contacts layout (picture of portal and relationship attached). A new donation portal row is added via the attached script.

The client said that they entered 20 donations, and now they're all gone. They were all from the same batch, the batch to donation relationship is just batchid=batchnumber.

I have checked the donation records, they are certainly not there. The client has no way of deleting an entire batch of donations (the relationship doesn't allow it and there is no provision for it).

It's possible that they weren't actually entered as the client says the time was hectic, also given that this has never come up before or since. But I was wondering if there is anything I can be doing to make sure the database isn't at fault, as far as committing records etc? But even if the records weren't committed there would be empty records for sure as the script to add a donation portal row would leave them.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Matthew

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 10.43.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 10.49.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 10.52.59 AM.png

You could add an explicit commit step before returning to the original layout. You could also add error trapping to each step. And logging. And do the donation records auto-enter modifier and timestamp? I'm not clear why your script is switching layouts to add records when you have a relationship that allows record creation, normally you'd have one or the other.

This topic is 2134 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.