Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Deleting Found Set of BLANK Company Records

Sue Smith

This topic is 2117 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

By mistake, I did a batch import that resulted in 300+ totally BLANK "Company" records.  This is skewing my counts for a report I produce every week.

How do I delete these?

You'll want to do a find for those blank records. Click the "Find" icon and put an equals sign, "=", without the quotes in both the Company and First Name fields to narrow down the found set to Contact records that don't have names or a company linked to it. Once you have a found set, you can verify that the records in that found set are indeed the blank records you would like to clear out from Core4. If that is the case, you can start deleting them using the "Delete Record" button. The "Delete Found Records" option is not available to you as a normal user, but I can go in and delete the found set if you find the individual deletes to be too cumbersome.

Please let me know if you'd like me to delete those records for you after confirming that those records are the ones you would like to delete.

-Francis

I went ahead and deleted those records for you. Let me know if everything looks good on your end.

-Francis

This topic is 2117 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.