Help Pull the selected 2nd field values instead of 1st value

This topic is 1992 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

That is the expected behavior: the checkbox field holds only selected values, and the selected values come from the value list which is defined to use values from the FirstName field. The second field is used only for display, to help the user select the correct value. Typically you would let the user see a name, and have the checkbox field store a unique ID.

I don't know what the real problem here is, so I can't recommend a solution. Perhaps you need to calculate a full name first, then use that for your value list. Or use a different method of selection.

Yeah i think its a bit complicated. By the way can these be done using dropdown. I mean on the value list i only show the 2nd field which is last name. but my calclucation result should be also the last name. currently the result is showing the 1st name.

7 hours ago, chadski021 said:

can these be done using dropdown

It makes no difference. A field set up to use a value list will contain values from the list. And the list includes values from the first field only.

7 hours ago, chadski021 said:

my calclucation result should be also the last name.

In theory at least, you could use a different calculation, using either a custom recursive function or ExecuteSQL() to get the result you want. But I doubt that would be a good way to solve whatever you're really trying to solve here. I suggest you rethink your entire approach.

BTW, I don't see why you need your current calculation field at all. The two fields (checkbox and checkbox result) contain exactly the same thing. If you want to see the real contents of the checkbox field, place another instance of it on the layout and format it as edit box (and make it tall enough to see the entire list).

Edited by comment

This topic is 1992 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.