Server Maintenance This Week. ×

script to use different printers??

This topic is 1994 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello, I have a database that use different printers 

- DYMO FOR SHIPPING LABELS

- BROTHER LASER FOR LETTER SIZE

- IMPACT PRINTER TO PRINT AN SPECIAL FORM.

each printer has a script with PRINT SETUP WITH NO DIALOG, ( I choose the printer and the paper size) and PRINT ( I choose the printer again)

the problem is when I print with DYMO printer and then print with the BROTHER printer, the BROTHER prints with the DYMO paper size or vice verse,  so I have to setup the PRINT SETUP step with dialog to choose the printer and paper size again, every time I send to a new printer I have to configure the printer and paper size.

my question is, there is any script with NO DIALOGS to setup each printer and just press the button and print with no questions?

this is the script for the DYMO:

1764234965_ScreenShot2018-11-14at3_58_41PM.jpg.c948c9cdff311a1d1029df15b6cc5134.jpg

this is for the BROTHER: 

59069864_ScreenShot2018-11-14at3_59_00PM.thumb.jpg.545c244ae11be06823f2b9e4e3520bff.jpg

when I press the print button for the brother I got this: 

1945869569_ScreenShot2018-11-14at4_00_20PM.jpg.36c3ac2a85da4c7f1f33a209e8cee9c9.jpg

please let me know if there is any solution for this

thank you

Does changing the Print Setup script step to ... Print Setup [Restore ; With Dialog: Off] solve your problem?  I see 'Off' in the first script and 'On' in the second.  If the Print Setup in the Dymo script references the Dymo printer, and the Print Setup in the Brother references the Brother printer, you shouldn't have this problem.

However, you should have a  sub script for each type of printing, portrait, landscape, paper sizes, etc.  Then you could branch from a main print script with show custom dialog, or a card window.

With centralized sub-scripts called from a print script getting a new printer means a lot less scripts to find and change. 

I usually leave Print Setup, dialog 'Off' in my scripts, because they usually don't change after initial set up, then leave dialog 'On' in Print step.

Steve thanks for your reply 

I put the Print Setup [Restore ; With Dialog: On]  because even I setup the printer and the paper and then choose off the setup changes, so I turn it on to always select the printer and the paper. 

can you explain me more about a subscript for each type of printing?

thanks

This topic is 1994 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.