FM Pro client never reconnects

Hijack

This topic is 1525 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Maybe it's just our enterprise's network but our FM clients never seem to reconnect on a loss of network (wifi, wired, VPN, anything).  We always get the endless "Reconnecting..." dialog on the fat client even on the shortest of disconnects and phantom disconnects where the network link is never truly lost.  Go clients seem happy as a clam to reconnect in almost any scenario though. 

Anyone have a suggestion on what to look at to try and improve this?

Thanks

-David

Edited by Hijack
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

The question is why the disconnects happen in the first place; and to solve that.  FM client to FM Server is an always-on bidirectional stream of data and heartbeats, making FM the 'canary in the coal mine' for any network issues.  So I wouldn't spend time trying to make the reconnect work but rather focus on fixing the reasons for the disconnect.

• Newbies

Love the canary analogy 🙂  

Poking into the "coal-mine", I've suspected some issue with the Filemaker-Cloud (AWS) server, so I restarted the instance hoping that would solve issues (such as Webdirect suddenly unable to "View as PDF", when yesterday it worked fine).   

Would appreciate any hints at troubleshooting the Filemaker-Cloud server.  The admin console seems a bit limited.

Troy

Given that this is a cloud server, chances are that it is not server-side but along the path to and from the server, the vagaries of the internet, latency, but it could still be your network equipment too (flaky router or switches, wonky wifi,...)

This topic is 1525 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.