Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How can I use Scribe to add a new table to a doc?

This topic is 1878 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am new to Scribe and am wanting to programmatically create a doc with n number of tables. How can I add a table to an existing doc?

I have tried the ScribeDocAppend function and successfully pulled in a blank table from another template doc. However, this seems to overwrite the existing data in the target doc. This function also adds "1" to the end of target doc. Any help is appreciated.

Hello,

Scribe doesn't support creating tables in a Word document. The way I would approach this is how you did by using ScribeDocAppend. However, I am not able to reproduce the issues you are reporting. I have attached a sample file that will load a document, append a new document that has a table in it n times, and then save the document to a container. This approach will only allow you to append a table of the same size. However,  using ScribeDocWriteValue to write to tables, writing to non-existent table cells will create new rows/columns as needed, copying cell styles from preceding cells. This will also only append tables to the end of the document. 

Ntables.fmp12

• Like 1

This topic is 1878 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.