FM11.0v4 on Mac - issues with Mojave

This topic is 1442 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I just upgraded my Mac OS to Mojave (10.14.4).  I am running FMP Advanced 11.0v4, and my databases are in FP7 format (due to a legacy system at work.)  I now have a repeatable "glitch" where if I perform a find in a database and there are no records that come up as results (i.e., no records match the find), regardless which choice I make next (Cancel or Modify Find), the app quits and I keep getting the window to send the issue to Apple. I can immediately re-open the database, though usually the last 2-3 changes I made weren't saved.  Other than the obvious option of upgrading the app, does anyone know of a workaround for this? Thanks in advanc.

To avoid the glitch I made a record that will always be returned.

And FM11 works surprisingly well in Mojave if you do not use any of the features required from the OS that are no longer compatible with FileMaker, which always make the application crash.

Edited by ggt667

FWIW, I am still on High Sierra and my FMPA 11 crashes regularly in similar and other scenarios.

5 hours ago, ZoinksScoob said:

Other than the obvious option of upgrading the app, does anyone know of a workaround for this?

I have heard of people running a lower OS in a virtual machine.

• Thanks 1

Virtualization works well if you can live with a mouse pointer that works quite differently.

FileMaker 11 Pro also works well in WINE: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=19727 Not sure why it was given a bronze score. The hitting enter stuff mentioned is only a feature when the correct fonts are not installed.

$ brew info wine
wine: stable 4.0 (bottled), HEAD
Run Windows applications without a copy of Microsoft Windows
https://www.winehq.org/
Not installed
From: https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/blob/master/Formula/wine.rb
==> Dependencies
Build: cmake ✘, makedepend ✘, pkg-config ✔
==> Requirements
Build: macOS <= 10.12 ✘
Required: macOS >= 10.11 ✔
==> Options
--HEAD
	Install HEAD version
==> Caveats
You may also want winetricks:
  brew install winetricks
==> Analytics
install: 15,503 (30 days), 44,330 (90 days), 188,458 (365 days)
install_on_request: 14,604 (30 days), 41,856 (90 days), 172,570 (365 days)
build_error: 0 (30 days)

Edited by ggt667

• 11 months later...
  • Newbies

Someone above said that as long as you avoid unsupported actions, FMP 11.0v4 works with Mojave. I have huge databases of relatively simple information. A very large home inventory. Nothing posted online etc. So what kind of functions will make it crash. If this isn't possible, is there an open source data base that I can migrate my data too? FMP has just advanced WAY beyond what I need, but I don't want to loose the records or search ability of FMP

This topic is 1442 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.