Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Using With FM Could On Amazon

This topic is 1815 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I assume to run on FM Cloud I install the FM Cloud version of the plugin.  Does this work Mac/Windows or do I seperately have the start up script install Mac and Windows versions and the cloud version only goes on AWS.

Hello,

That is correct, FileMaker Cloud is its own instance of FMS, and it's hosted on a AWS EC2 Linux box. The easiest way to install plugins on FM Cloud is to call Install Plug-in File in a PSOS in a solution hosted on your FM Cloud instance. You will need to install the FMCloud version, not the MAC version nor the 32-bit/64-bit Windows versions. Also, the FMCloud version of our plugin will not work on Mac or Windows. You will have to use the appropriate version based on your environment.

For your installation script, you can check the OS with Get(SystemPlatform), and here are the return values(https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/help/17/fmp/en/index.html#page/FMP_Help%2Fget-systemplatform.html%23:

1 if the current platform is Intel-based Macs
-2 if the platform is Windows
3 if the platform is iOS
4 if the platform is FileMaker WebDirect

I think FM Cloud hosted solutions will return 5, according to FMC 17 release notes(https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/cloud/17/en/release-notes/01/)
  • Like 2

• Newbies

Thanks Sean

What exactly do you mean "install Plug-in File in a PSOS in a solution hosted".  What does the acronym PSOS stand for?  I understand how to install the plug in on Mac and Windows and IOS computers accessing the solution using the install plugin script.   But is there a seperate script to install the FM Cloud version on the server?  Do we even need install this if it is one the local computers and there is no web direct access.

PSOS is an acronym for the script step Perform Script On Server. Executing scripts with this script step moves the execution of the script from the local FileMaker Pro machine to the FileMaker Server (Cloud) machine. The file must be hosted in order to use this functionality. When calling Install Plugin File in a script that is performed on the server, the plugin is installed for use with server side scripts. If Install Plugin file is not called server side, then the plugin will be installed in the local environment. You will only need to install the plugin server side if you intend to call your scripts with the Perform Script On Server script step. Otherwise scripts will be executed on the FileMaker Pro machine and the plugin will need to be installed for FileMaker Pro. 

• Thanks 2

• Newbies

Thank you I have installed the plugin on the server.  If I run the get installed plugins server side and put the result in a field it correctly puts in  FTP Peek 2.1 as enabled.

However if I include register the plugin in a PSOS script it feezes FileMaker and I have to force quit. Is it not necessary to register the plugin server side?  I am using the same registration step I use on the client machines without problem.

Hello,

It should be necessary to register the plugin in any case if you want the plugin to run out of demo mode. My guess is that your FM Cloud server is unable to reach our licensing server, and FileMaker hangs waiting on a response that it will never receive. I'd like to take a look at the logs capturing the plugin's activity during such a freeze. Please reproduce the error, and then immediately get the log file without restarting the fmse/server. To retrieve those logs, you'll need to ssh into your FM Cloud instance. Use the following command in terminal:

ssh -i [AWS private key file] [username]@[FM Cloud IP address]

-AWS private key is the key AWS asks for when generating your key-pair
-username is either 'centos', 'ubuntu', or 'ec2-user', depending on the box
-you can find your IP address in the EC2 service on AWS

Once you successfully ssh into your instance, you should be able to find the log files in the path /FileMakerData/Logs/360Plugin Logs/

The file should be called something like "360Plug-ins_Server.log". You'll want to secure copy that file onto your machine. To do this, open another terminal window and run the following command:

scp -i [AWS private key file] [username]@[FM Cloud IP address]:'"/FileMakerData/Logs/360Plugin Logs/360Plug-ins_Server.log'" /local/destination/path/

You'll probably need to wrap any path/file in single quotes and double quotes to escape the space in the any of the path directories. If that doesn't work, try adding a back slash right before the space(i.e. '"/FileMakerData/Logs/360Plugin\ Logs/360Plug-ins_Server.log'").

Once you get that log, e-mail that to us at [email protected] or attach it to this thread, and I'll take a look to determine what is causing the hang. If you want, you can also scp FileMaker's Event.log and/or the wpe.log file that's a level up. That may help to determine what is causing the hang.

If you have any questions, let me know. Also, if you would like some help getting those log files, we can schedule a screen share. I am normally available 11a-6p Eastern, Monday through Friday. Let me know if you'd like to schedule a session, and if so, when.

This topic is 1815 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.