Sign in to follow this  

When a field validation fails, alert is displayed then when clicking OK program freezes !!!

What is the nature of the validation?

Do you not see a "Revert Field" button? 

Posted (edited)

The validation is set to allow specific values from a value list and not empty..

No, there is a script running which advises of the error after the alert appears, When you click OK,  the screen returns to the entry box but then freezes and does not allow further action. All functions are frozen.

Edited by alta_flyer

can you reproduce this in a sample file and on another machine?

Sorry I did not receive any response to the first post so renamed and posted again.

The problem did not happen on client's computer but did reoccur when file transferred to my laptop running Windows 7 and FMP 18.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By auarstadtt
      Hi everyone,
      Can you help me to setup a webwiever to display videos on OSX ? I've search but didn't find the solution.

Kind regards.
      Antoine
    • By wattmhite
      I have a script that performs a find and returns about 500 records. I am looking to limit this set to the first 5 found records and then perform another script (loop) for these 5 records.
      Is this possible with filemaker?
    • By IdealData
      Hi All
      Apparently FMI knows about this, and their advice is as follows

The problem for me is I don't have an SSL certificate and am using the in-built FM certificate. I would have thought the in-built certificate would at least let me import from the hosted file, especially as I did this from the desktop of the server.
      The script doing the import has not changed for many years and still runs fine on pre-18 servers.
      Other than purchasing an SSL has anyone get a solution, without resorting to downloading the hosted files and running locally (I'm trying to avoid that step).
      Thanks
    • By Chris Thacker
      Hi, I have some FMP development experience but more so on the intermediate level.
      We have a FMP database, hosted on a FMP server, that we use to track a bunch of our digital signs. All the data in the db is manually entered with fields such as 'name' and 'ip_address'. Sometimes these signs go offline, hangup, change ip addresses, etc.  I had the idea to have the remote signs call a url every hour that is our signage db hosted on our FMP server.  Something like:
      https://fmp.server.com/fmi/webd/db_name?name=signName&ip_address=ip
      The db could track these calls for all signs in the db and I could create a layout or report that would list the ones that haven't called in within a certain timeframe.
      I know exactly how the signs themselves would technically call the url, and can handle the layout & report, but don't know how to get the db to listen for the call and handle it.
      How can I do this? Are there any examples anywhere that explain this?
      I'm thinking the db would need to have webdirect enabled with a layout that is shared to Guest so a login isn't required but other than that I'm not sure where to start... or if there is a better way to handle this.  Once the url call is made, the db wouldn't need to do anything back to the client/sign itself except for perhaps a simple 'success' message.
      Thanks!
    • By wattmhite
      I just updated my office to filemaker 18 and I have a script that imported records but skipped the first row which are all titles. I don't see a skip first row checkbox in the import interface anymore?
  • Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    cathushka 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.