When a field validation fails, alert is displayed then when clicking OK program freezes !!!

What is the nature of the validation?

Do you not see a "Revert Field" button? 

Posted (edited)

The validation is set to allow specific values from a value list and not empty..

No, there is a script running which advises of the error after the alert appears, When you click OK,  the screen returns to the entry box but then freezes and does not allow further action. All functions are frozen.

Edited by alta_flyer

can you reproduce this in a sample file and on another machine?

Sorry I did not receive any response to the first post so renamed and posted again.

The problem did not happen on client's computer but did reoccur when file transferred to my laptop running Windows 7 and FMP 18.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Jarvis
      I currently spend about $60 per month to a company that hosts my FMP 14 databases on a shared server.
      How complicated would this be to manage on my own?   I am not interested in hosting sites for anybody else, just those for my own company.
      What kind of dedicated computer gear would I need to make this happen?  Would I need to have a dedicated IP address?
      Can this be done by a rube like myself or would it be better to continue paying someone else for this work?
    • By Jarvis
      How complicated is it to migrate solutions written under FM Pro 14 to FMP 18?
      Will I need to rebuild them from 14 to 15 then 15 to 16 etc?
    • By Ocean West
      I am reworking my process of using FMP server side script.
      Run Server Scheduled Script every 45 minutes Log in to FTP get directory listing (plugin / curl) Create Record for each file in listing Fetch file via (plugin / curl) to text field Write file to server's Document folder Move file on FTP to sub directory (compete) Import files from document folder in to table It works but think kludgy and FMS probably requires more overhead to deal with the FTP plugin.
      Is there a way to do the following
      Run a server sequence script every 45 minutes Run a bash script on server login and fetch new files from ftp (need help with this) Save files to FMS Documents/incoming Run script that gets incoming files Run script that imports files Run script that moves files to complete directory Run bash script with file listing as parameter (need help with this) Bash script logs in to FTP moves files to complete folder on FTP OR DELETES them (need help with this) I am hoping this would be much more efficient for FMP to only have to do file imports vs having to also FTP. 
      Thanks SD
    • By IP C
      Hello Experts,

In my attached sample file, I have two Tables Inventory and Transactions. In my Inventory Table I have fields

Current Month Inventory Last Month Inventory  
      I want these two fields to capture the count of my Last month Inventory and the count of my current Inventory.

In my Last Month Inventory Fields I like to have 1589 Bottles / 7 Boxes ; If someone withdraw 235 Bottles This Month My Current Inventory Fields will Show 1354 Bottles / 6 Boxes.

Please find attached file that Im working.

Thank you

Cross posted to  https://community.filemaker.com/en/s/question/0D50H00006qwZEcSAM/last-month-current-month-calculation

Monthly Inventory.fmp12
    • By Wim Decorte
      Quick devcon preview to show the power of Zabbix to monitor but also correct your FileMaker Server:

https://www.soliantconsulting.com/blog/filemaker-server-zabbix/
  • Who Viewed the Topic

5 members have viewed this topic:
    mr_vodka  samarthmkt  john9210  Steve Martino  comment 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.