Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Schema setup - where to go from here?

Rich

This topic is 1779 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

(I apologize if this isn't the correct forum for this, so feel free to move it to the proper one, please.)

I'm stuck. I built a solution with a parent-child portal setup, the user can see the four, court reservations for the day (Current Setup attachment). However, she'd like to be able to see a "big picture" view as depicted in the Capture 5 attachment.

I figure a popover or a jump to another layout is in order, but beyond that I don't know how to pull this off schema-wise, especially when it comes to filling out a range of time slots shown in Capture 5, e.g., Court 1 would have the time slots 8:00 and 8:30 populated with Practice (Emilio Lizard), blank spaces from 9:00 am to 10:00 am, then from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm each half-hour time slot would have Practice (Emilio Lizardo)...and the rest of the time slots after 1:00 pm would be blank because there aren't any reservations for that court number.

I thought of using four, repeating fields (one for each court) of 32 "slots" each that would span the 32 half-hour time slots from 6:00 am to 9:30 pm, but dealing with repeating fields with scripting to loop through each reservation to populate the appropriate slots...that's so ancient FileMaker Pro and it would be convoluted as all get out. (Note: since we're still using v.17, I can't get creative using the new scripting commands in v.18)

If I could have some direction which way to go, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Current Setup.png

Capture5.PNG

One possible solution is to keep a Slots table with 128 permanent records (32 half-hours * 4 courts). related to the Reservations table and populated via the relationship.

Another option is to look for an existing Javascript library and build the display in a web viewer.

This topic is 1779 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.