Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Date Field changes when performing find

This topic is 1691 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi good day,

Im new in the community as well as a filemaker user. im developing a system for a small office here in our local area, and im having problem with date field when searching. Its like when im trying to perform a find the date format suddenly change. Im using the drop down calendar in find mode, when i click the date it entered as MM/DD/YYYY as what i want it supposed to be, but when performing find or hitting enter the date change into   "04/*/2019 09/*/2019 */*/2019".  I already checked my machine date format just like anybody else in other forum recommended. 

But i tried to create a new simple database file with date field just to check if is my PC is the problem or the database file itself. After creating a database and 1 date field in it, and tried the same procedure i did with project database and the date perform normal. when i find and uses the drop down calendar the format  is MM/DD/YYYY.

Im using following

Filemaker 15 Advance

Windows 10 Operating System

6 hours ago, Lester makila said:

but when performing find or hitting enter the date change into   "04/*/2019 09/*/2019 */*/2019". 

It sounds like there is a script trigger on the field (or layout with mode change) which attempts to take the value and extend the search.

• Newbies

@comment sir im sorry i cant share the file. its complicated, i have made a back end dbase and a front end file for the clients.

where front end GUI connect via relation at the server dbase file via DNS link or IP. But here is a simple script i made.

3 records with the date created

Table1:DateCreated

gTable:gSDate = GLobal field

Script:

Enter Find mode [off]

Set fiels [Table1:DateCreated;gTable:gSDate]

Perform Find []

the result is error 401 no record match found, the same result if i used Ctrl +f process.

• Newbies
On 9/6/2019 at 10:11 PM, bcooney said:

@bcooney im sorry i post to this link thinking its a different furom.

• Newbies
On 9/7/2019 at 12:23 AM, LaRetta said:

It sounds like there is a script trigger on the field (or layout with mode change) which attempts to take the value and extend the search.

i have check both file and layout there is no script triggers and also the field. but here is the catch if i change the date field into a text field the dropdown calendar date works fine. but the problem is its not a date field anymore which it maybe more difficult later on when i making scripts.

This topic is 1691 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.