Server Maintenance This Week. ×

MirrorSync not installing after upgrade to FMS18

This topic is 1688 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi There,

I upgraded my clients FMS from 17 to 18 and now MirrorSync has stopped working. I have been trying to sort this out and the best I can find is there is an issue with OpenJDK Java. For the FileMaker Server 18 install I used the OpenJDK Java files as directed during the install. When I tried to update my MirrorSync config I could not get into MirrorSync due to a Java error. 

I need to get MirrorSync working, what would be the best way for me to get MirrorSync back up and running?

Hi ndveitch,

Have you removed Oracle Java from the machine? Did you run the OpenJDK installer or only complete the process in the FileMaker Server admin console? I ask because uploading the OpenJDK JRE to FMS sandboxes the OpenJDK JRE for use only with FMS. It does not install it on the system for use with other Java applications. You must run the installer for it to be available for other applications.

2 hours ago, ndveitch said:

When I tried to update my MirrorSync config I could not get into MirrorSync due to a Java error. 

What is the error you are seeing? Are you able to reach the MirrorSync page in a browser? If so, then MirrorSync is running. With that being said, the MirrorSync configuration client is a .jnlp file and requires Java Web Start to open which is a part of the Oracle JRE. However, OpenJDK has something called IcedTea-Web that facilitates the execution of .jnlp files but it is only available in the Windows version of OpenJDK. There is no Mac equivalent for this so users who have OpenJDK will have to use the config client on a Windows machine or purchase a license from Oracle. We are currently exploring our options for Mac users. There is a Mac compatible software project that is equivalent to IcedTea-Web but it is in alpha and looks to not be stable enough for us to recommend to our customers. We are currently working on changing the the config client to not be a .jnlp file but for the time being the above is the workaround for Mac users. 

Hi Ryan,

Thank-you for the reply. To be honest i'm not 100% sure if I ran the full installer or just the files for FMS. When I enter java - version in the command prompt it says openjdk version 1.8.0_222,  openjdk runtime environment AdoptOpenJDk and openjdk 64-bit Server VM. When I look in the environment variables java_home is set to ...\FM Server\web publishing\java\ and in the "Path" it first lists the ...\FM Server\web publishing\publishing-engine\php\ and then the ...\FM Server\web publishing\java\bin listed.  

Everything is run on Windows and when I launched the MS .jnlp client file as I have done in the past, it says application error - unable to launch the application. 

I have a feeling you may not have run the installer for AdoptOpenJDK. I compared your settings to a Windows Server 2016 where this works and java -version returns the same thing as you. However, the environment variables are different. On the test machine, the Java_Home environment variable is set to C:\Program Files\AdoptOpenJDK\jre-8.0.222.10-hotspot . The Path variable contains the locations you see but also lists the installations on the C drive. I suspect the installer makes these changes. Can you try running the AdoptOpenJDK JRE installer? I think that should resolve the issue.

Hi Ryan,

I tried the OpenJDK install and now when I run java -version I get, 

java -version
openjdk version "12.0.2" 2019-07-16
OpenJDK Runtime Environment AdoptOpenJDK (build 12.0.2+10)
Eclipse OpenJ9 VM AdoptOpenJDK (build openj9-0.15.1, JRE 12 Windows Server 2016 amd64-64-Bit Compressed References 20190718_139 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
OpenJ9   - 0f66c6431
OMR      - ec782f26
JCL      - 06c2cc3322 based on jdk-12.0.2+10)

When I run the MirrorSync installer, the installation fails because of the ProscTomcatDaemon could not be loaded with procrun. 

I have not tested with AdoptOpenJDK  12, you need to install AdoptOpenJDK JRE 8. This is the version that I have installed. Select OpenJDK 8 and select hotspot and click install JRE. I recommend removing version 12 before installing 8.  When you get to the screen shown in the attached screen shot in the installer make sure to select all the options. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 8.21.48 AM.png

• Like 1

This topic is 1688 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.