FM 18 Server WebDirect shows no databases

R2D2

This topic is 1656 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello (again)!

I have a problem with FM Server 18 WebDirect. Everything else is working perfectly in the server. I can access files thru FM client and FileMakerGo. But when I open WebDirect page, there is no files. Nada. I have configured the file to use WebDirect. In the Security section Webdirect is allowed. I also have opened every port needed in the firewall. But still nothing.

Server is on Windows 2019 based, and I'm using MacBook Pro with Opera (does not work either with Safari).

What else could I do?🙁

37478463_Nayttokuva2019-9-30kello14_30_01.thumb.jpg.5d4eaef100cf84dbb6582a8345256b5a.jpg

Oookeeyy... Now I have rolled back to Windows Server 2016, but still the same problem. The WebDirect page is found and loaded, but still I cannot see the database file there😫

Now what?

10 hours ago, R2D2 said:

Oookeeyy... Now I have rolled back to Windows Server 2016, but still the same problem. The WebDirect page is found and loaded, but still I cannot see the database file there😫

Now what?

Did you install the the correct Java?

https://support.filemaker.com/s/article/Changes-to-Java-in-FileMaker-Server-18-0-2-and-Later?language=en_US

Yes, I think so. I chose OpenJDK 8 (LTS) and HotSpot JVM as instructed, and downloaded JRE. Windows is a bit strange world to me, so how can I check that Java is running as it should?

This is how it looks in the Connectors tab.

Näyttökuva 2019-10-2 kello 5.47.01.jpg

Devin

You said

I'm using MacBook Pro with Opera (does not work either with Safari).

WebDirect requires Safari or Chrome with JavaScript and popups enabled.

Hard do say from the little we know.  What's your current config?  OS, disk size and specs, RAM,...

Fresh install on a new OS or an upgrade?

Triple-check that there is at least one file with an active account that has the webdirect extended privilege turned on?

And only test with supported OSes and browsers.  WebDirect is picky in that sense.

Ok... OS is Windows Server Standard 2016, Disk size 80 Gb, 2 cores, 4 Gb memory. This is a fresh install on a new OS.

I have checked the file and WebDirect is turned on in the extended privileges. I have tried with Opera, Chrome and Firefox. All of them gives me that Launcher page but not a single file visible. Even if I try to open the Launcher page inside the Win Server, no files is shown. With FM client and FM Go (iPad, iPhone) everything works well. 

Edited by R2D2

That server is very marginal for specs, especially if you'll want to use webdirect.  While the 2 cores are the absolute minimum requirement, your RAM is half of the minimum requirement.  I would suggest bumping up to 4 cores and at least 16GB.

Not saying that this will automatically fix things, but I've seen weird things happen when the machine is underpowered.

Any clues in the FMS logs folder, especially the wpe logs and the event log?

This topic is 1656 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.