calendar plug in

This topic is 7886 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 1 month later...

In addition to seeing each other's calendar and an organizational calendar of events, we have several (6) vans that we want to schedule. Are there other calendar/scheduling solutions available for FM Pro (FM Server/WinNT4 serving FMP5/W98 clients) that would work better which we should consider?

Are you looking for a dispatching solution for dispatching service technicians or (Vans) for dilivery?

I have built a dispatching solution if you are interested please email me.

It is designed to keep track of customers jobs technicians and invoices

currently there are about 12 installs all of which had some manual method white boards or bins to keep track of jobs.

The solution was developed for Electricians / plumbers or any trades services type but could be addapted for other uses...

Stephen,

Thanks for your post. We have 6 vans that we make available to club leaders who take their kids on different field trips, outings, etc. We want to make sure that we don't double-book a van, and that the person reserving the van is eligible to drive it (based on prior history and other criteria).

A visual (graphical) depiction of which days/hours a van is reserved would be ideal, as the person coordinating the van reservations isn't always in the office and the rest of the staff must make the decision. That's why the idea of using a Calendar scheduling program occurred to me.

I'd love to see your solution, if you think it applicable. Though I use a Mac at home, at work ("Right Moves For Youth", a non-profit org whose mission is to keep kids in school) we have an NT4 server serving about 8 W98 clients.

I downloaded the demo of Productive Computing's Calendar program. It's OK, I guess, but I really was hoping for more information visible in "month view" as well as some user-friendly enhancements (e.g., single button to close all files).

Any other recommendations on a multi-user calendar/scheduling program anyone?

TIA,

Colin Cooler

IT/Evaluation Mgr.

Right Moves For Youth

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 7886 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.