Filemaker Task Card doesn't edit

matteomadrid

This topic is 1574 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello, I have followed the step-by-step tutorial offered by Filemaker to use the tasks add-on for the event management template. Everything seems to work perfectly, EXCEPT I can't get the task card to open in edit mode... Thus I can't edit any task information once I create the task, and I cannot delete either. 

I realize it's hard to help from such limited info, as there are a number of scripts involved. I can only say I wrote the scripts EXACTLY as instructed by the tutorial, and yet, no editing posibility. 

Any suggestions?

It's not clear what you mean by "edit mode".

Do you mean Browse mode—in which users can enter and edit data in fields?

Or do you mean Layout mode—in which you, as developer, can edit the layout itself?

If you mean Browse mode: it could be that the layout is stuck in Preview mode; or that a script is running; or maybe other possibilities.

Hi, thanks for answering. I am sorry for not being clear. 

I mean that, when I am looking at the list of tasks, under the task tab of the event detail, if I click on any of the tasks created for that event, I don't get the pop up task card to edit any information, or possibly delete it. Not sure why.

Two things:

- you have left the fields in the portal to be editable in browse mode, you have to turn that off otherwise clicking on the portal row goes to the field and does not fire the button underneath the fields

- that button runs the wrong script.  You have it as "find session by id" and it should be "find task by id"

This topic is 1574 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.