Creating a Database shortcut on iPad

This topic is 901 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All and Happy New Year!

We would like to have a shortcut to our database on the iPad, so instead of clicking on Filemaker Go and going to the launch center and it displaying databases., we want the endusers to click on the database shortcut so it goes right to the login screen to make it one step and more intuitive for the users. We have an offline file on the iPad, and there is also the file hosted on the Filemaker. We sync the offline with the online version via MirrorSync. Anyway we trying to eliminate confusion on which file to open.

Thank you, any help is always appreciated!

Caroline

8 minutes ago, Ocean West said:

Try using Shortcuts to open the file with URL ( fmp18://~/FileName ) then set the shortcut to save on Home Screen

The database is on the iPad, so I'm not sure I understand. Maybe my thought processes are still sluggish from NYE! Lol I put the URL in but it doesn't find it.

Hey Caroline, Happy New Year's!!

Here's a file posted long ago by Stacy Chamblee,  you can use it to make a shortcut with an icon on the screen. 

The only seemingly unavoidable thing is that it opens both FileMaker Go and the app, so you have to kill 2 things when done.  I use Metro Studio for simple icons.

Took playing with it for about an hour to get it to work for me.

App_Maker_-_Copy.fmp12

20 hours ago, Steve Martino said:

Hey Caroline, Happy New Year's!!

Here's a file posted long ago by Stacy Chamblee,  you can use it to make a shortcut with an icon on the screen. 

The only seemingly unavoidable thing is that it opens both FileMaker Go and the app, so you have to kill 2 things when done.  I use Metro Studio for simple icons.

Took playing with it for about an hour to get it to work for me.

App_Maker_-_Copy.fmp12 30.7 MB · 1 download

Hey Steve, Happy New Year!

I just downloaded it now and will try it, although it's looking for a plugin. Anyway I got the shortcut to work on the Home Screen with the URL but can't seem to use our custom icon that displays on our database. Only the list of Glyphs that are already installed.

• 1 year later...

This topic is 901 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.