Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Help with QuickBooks SDK?

This topic is 1520 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm setting up a script to add a Bill to QuickBooks using the SDK BillAdd.  In the script it loops through and adds line items using SDK item from ItemLineAdd.   In QuickBooks when I display a bill the client has a field labled Customer:Job  You can see it in the attached jpg.   I am able to fill in the other fields in the ItemLineAdd and have them display correctly when adding a bill.  I don't see any way to to fill in this field from the fields listed in the SDK section for   BillAdd/ItemLineAdd.  There is a CustomerRef section with fields for ListID and FullName.

I am expecting to add one or more PCQB_RqAddFieldWithValue steps to the loop section of the script that adds the entries for ItemLineAdd.

Help determining the field name/names would be greatly appreciated.

Field to fill.jpeg

You identified the right fields: Either a ListID or FullName value identifies the Customer/CustomerJob. (You only need one, has you send both QB uses ListID and ignores the FullName value.)

When you identify the Customer/Job and identify BillableStatus as True, QuickBooks will ask, when adding an Invoice via the UI, whether to display the list of BillItems not yet Invoiced to the Customer/Job for inclusion on the new Invoice. You can also use it for generating reports in QB.

In FMP/QB integrations, there may not be much value to in identifying the Customer/CustomerJob if most of the reporting is done from FMP.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC 28105

This topic is 1520 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.