Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Begin Session script get stuck

This topic is 1429 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Windows 10, QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2019, QB connector 12.0.0.2

I have been working with the Connector for the past 2 years and it always worked fine. Few days ago the script "Begin Session" that checks if the connection with QuickBooks is on started getting stuck indefinitely at the "PCQB_BeginSession" instruction. I then tried the original PCQB Demo file from Productive Computing but with same result. I tried to install again the Connector but nothing changes. My same application on another PC with the Connector installed is working perfectly so the problem is with my PC. Does anyone has a clue what could be the cause of this?

Thx, Mikki

Hi Mikki, 

There is one thing I would like you to try. We are going to recreate the certificate within QuickBooks.

In your QuickBooks file, navigate to Edit > Preferences > Integrated applications. Here you should see the FM Books Connector certificate. Go ahead and delete this. 

After deletion, open up the demo file and run the authentication process once again. This should create a new certificate within QuickBooks. 

If this does not work, please reach out to [email protected] for further assistance. 

-PCIPal

This may be the result of an Auto-Update in QB. One of my clients reported on Monday that he was seeing my "Can't connect to QB" error message. The only change was the update to QB, and logging into it as Admin, deleting the certificate, and then running the QB Connection script from FMP fixed the issue. He approved the API connection in QB when prompted, and all was good again.

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC 28105

This topic is 1429 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.