Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

FILEMAKER PRO 5 for the web

JBozzalla

This topic is 8346 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I'm a beginner user and I just created a database in filemaker pro 5. Now I want to link it to an intranet webpage for our company so it will automaticly update the web database as the filemaker pro database is updated. I created a web database using the web companion but I want more freedom to change things around so it represents our company better. To my best knoweledge the web companion will only spit out a basic layout with few adjustments. Could anyone recommend a program for creating and designing a web page that is compatible with filemaker pro 5. I don't know HTML but I'm going to try to learn it this weekend. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm running on windows 2000 and NT. Thanks.

Web Companion works in two "modes," Instant and Custom web publishing.

Instant requires no assembly, just turn it on. However you are limited (and I mean limited) to what you get, it cannot be changed.

With Custom web publishing each html format file has to be built to server the intended purpose. this means a lot more work but *complete* control.

To learn Custom, first download the CDML Reference database from the FileMaker web site. Then try to get a copy of Home Page 3 (it's NLA but you might find a trial version somewhere) and use the FileMaker Connecgtion Assistant to build a basic set of format files to get started. Study these format files to work out how it all goes together.

This topic is 8346 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.