Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Lookup Not Responding

This topic is 7933 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I have an inventory control DB that involves an INVOICE, INVENTORY, PO, RECEIVING, and PRICING?DESCRIPTION. The wholesale costs are in the INVENTORY DB, and I need them in the PRICING/DESCRIPTION DB. The WHOLESALE field in PRICING/DESCRIPTION is a lookup of INVENTORY. The lookup seems to work fine, but if a change is made to the WHOLESALE field in INVENTORY, the change does not occur in PRICING/DESCRIPTION. I usually need to copy and paste the PRODUCT ID field in itself for the change to be made. Am I doing something wrong that will not allow the lookup to instantly make the change?

Thanks,

Steven

Generally, you don't want pricing to be based upon a relationship. You want to preserve the historical pricing, and not have it update all the old invoices, etc as soon as a pricing change is made. (Unless you designed the system that way and whenever pricing changes a new item is created).

But that is the behavior of lookups. They enter once and then don't change afterward unless you do a relookup. By modifiying the ProductID field, you effectively triggered another lookup to occur.

This topic is 7933 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.