Exporting as CSV / Excel in Webdirect

This topic is 989 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Afternoon all,

I have a layout that I need to be accessed rom Webdirect, and on this layout is a-simple Export as Excel button.

This runs a script that flicks to a different layout (with all the fields in i need) and exports as Excel. But this doesn't work in WebDirect.

Anyone have a clever workaround? CSV would be fine

Thanks!

Thank you, yes doing a simple export worked, I had confused myself by adding some additional restrictions to the account I was logging into the Webdirect as, which was stopping the script from executing it seems

• 2 months later...

I have a related issue - can export from Web Direct to CSV, but no headings come with the data. Is there a simple workaround to fix this. Old solutions were to use Merge, but this puts " around fields for use when doing a mailmerge with MSword. The headers and data can be opened in excel, but all in one column, so no use. 

3 hours ago, Hurlz said:

Old solutions were to use Merge, but this puts " around fields

Both CSV and Merge formats put quotation marks around exported fields. There is no difference in this aspect. What you might see is a difference in the character separating the fields: it can be either a comma or a semicolon, depending on the locale. This could explain why:

3 hours ago, Hurlz said:

The headers and data can be opened in excel, but all in one column

If you can't get the exporting system and the system where the exported file is being opened to agree on the locale (or teach Excel to open a file using a different separator), then you will have to move to a more complicated method - such as performing the export on the server, or writing the data to a global field.

• 6 months later...

This topic is 989 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.